Gammagoat

Oh boy

Need some advice, I recently started to inject some baits. The mold I have is an Angling Ai ecto-craw 4" and I have been using a 6oz do it injector with MF plastisol soft which I had to add hardener to. This worked perfectly.

What I'm wanting to do is make baits with a Mottled look, from what I have read a C-block and a duel injector are needed. Since I already have a do-it injector I plan to buy another injector and the dual conversion kit. The C-block will be bought from Angling Ai.

My problem is that I am still unsure about how exactly to produce mottled baits. It seems that one would shoot some plastic and then rotate the injector and shoot some more? Or do you not lock the plungers together and alternate applying pressure between the two?

Could one of you guy's walk me though the process?

I'm also making a change from MF to bait plastics, 115.00 shipped for five gallons to good to pass up. Hope this isn't a mistake?

9 hours ago, Frank said:

You don’t need a cblock. Just make one hotter than the other. 

I dont see how this would work, do you flip the injectors back and forth? Wouldn't this introduce air into the mold?

1 hour ago, Les Young said:

Look up milking the cow in soft plastic lure making & it should take you to a youtube  video by worlds worst fishing & you can see exactly how he does it.

Thats cool, but he is still using a block.  The only blending block that I could find is from Bass Tackle and the cost is the same as the C-block.

Is there any advantage that a blending block has over the Angling Ai C-block? If so what company do you recommend that I buy from?

When using a dual injector system with two colors it works great only because both colors are real close to the same temperature( within 10 deg). If one is hotter it will swirl and mix with the colder one. Believe me when you Get a two color system you will find it will work. I would suggest you get a Twinjector from Basstackle. It will be an investment that will pay dividends in the end for you. A life long tool that will make your life much better than putting a kit together and be miserable. I would not tell you this if it did not work. 

Edited by Frank
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Gammagoat said:

Thank you Frank.

I see what your saying now. I didn't realize that the twin-injectors come with a blending block.

I don't want to throw good money after bad I'll look into the BT twin.

I do not think its a blending block,, its a lamination block,, but with Franks direction on temps it can be used as a Blending block. That's the way I am thinking anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bass-Boys said:

I do not think its a blending block,, its a lamination block

Tomato/potato....  It's actually called a blending block.  Its primary purpose is for shooting laminates but you can also get it to do other things as Frank has explained.  :yes:

Edited by bryanmc
  • Like 2

Frank is right as usual. You can also disconnect the tie bar on the twin shooter and pulse each injector. What I have done in the past was to take multiple molds and clamp them together and use 1/2 inch copper tee ,some 90’s and pipe to make a runner system. I found out the more room”mold count” the better the results.

98D3E771-5BA2-4B74-B029-8C9A2A3CE109.jpeg

6FB8444E-4D5B-434E-BF8B-E28BB746B369.jpeg

D17246D5-C867-4DBB-9D09-577D142AB24A.jpeg

• Like 1