Jig Man

Do It Essential series slick shiner

I don't have that mold, but I do have the 6" shad  and it is dull out of the water but lights up in the water. I have 3 different bodies types all the same.  I don't know if it is the bodies I have or a common fault but I think the runners are too small and some sort of sprue extender is needed.

6 hours ago, Jig Man said:

Do you have this mold?

Does it shoot shiny or dull baits?

Have you shot laminates with it?

Les Young put me on it but he hasn’t used his yet.

If this weather don't hurry & straighten up & warm up  i won't be using mine for awhile either because driving 3 counties over to work midnight until noon the next  doing snow & ice removal  in this crap you sure don't feel like trying it out either. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Les Young said:

If this weather don't hurry & straighten up & warm up  i won't be using mine for awhile either because driving 3 counties over to work midnight until noon the next  doing snow & ice removal  in this crap you sure don't feel like trying it out either. :D

Thanks for doing this for the rest of us.

On 2/17/2021 at 4:14 PM, Jig Man said:

Do you have this mold?

Does it shoot shiny or dull baits?

Have you shot laminates with it?

Les Young put me on it but he hasn’t used his yet.

I had that mold for some time. I don't know of any laminate plate for that mold or any of the essential series.

Go to either the blue or orange big box building supply store, and get some aluminum flashing or aluminum sheets and grab your scissors and have at it. The only laminate plate I own is for the Do It senko CNC senko mold. Had to cut out the aluminum ones as needed. Cuts easily with scissors, and you can make multiple ones Works out as well as the laminate plate.

Honestly, I wish there were more laminate plates available for more molds.

Be warned...there is some trial and error involved.

It has 8 individual  vertically running  injection ports & according to do-it  it will  shoot laminates & i'm going to try  my dual injector  out on it when i do get to shoot it.  The pics i've saw of baits made with it look  good in my opinion which is why i bought it.  I was after the mottled keitech look & i'm sure i can get it. If plastic is the same thickness i think it will do good. If one color is hotter & than the other it may mix. I'd call do-it & ask any questions about it because there aren't many in folks hands yet. They may have sample baits on hand too. :yay:

Edited by Les Young

I have it and have shot several runs through it. It shoots very nice. Almost no denting and well vented. It does have the ES mat finish which I think adds to it. For a shiny bait I just hit them with a pass or two from the propane torch. As for laminates I just started using a dual injector so yes you can easily do laminates. Just follow what Les Young said about keeping plastic heat consistent. I also tried the cut and paste method with good results. 
a laminate plate will not work on this mold unless you want a side by side color. 

F393B2AD-034F-47C0-A5B7-FBB09EB28F8F.jpeg

61A848F2-2C25-4D5B-BD7F-9548D58BF61F.jpeg

84D36D0A-2BC2-4D74-BB27-48CB2D5EDFBE.jpeg

1 hour ago, Fishermanbt said:

I have it and have shot several runs through it. It shoots very nice. Almost no denting and well vented. It does have the ES mat finish which I think adds to it. For a shiny bait I just hit them with a pass or two from the propane torch. As for laminates I just started using a dual injector so yes you can easily do laminates. Just follow what Les Young said about keeping plastic heat consistent. I also tried the cut and paste method with good results. 
a laminate plate will not work on this mold unless you want a side by side color. 

F393B2AD-034F-47C0-A5B7-FBB09EB28F8F.jpeg

61A848F2-2C25-4D5B-BD7F-9548D58BF61F.jpeg

84D36D0A-2BC2-4D74-BB27-48CB2D5EDFBE.jpeg

Thanks a bunch.  Those baits look great.  You have perfectly answered my question.  I’m heading for Zeiners tomorrow to pick one up and see what else they have.