bryanmc

Looking for a gear motor fan.

I know it's a long shot, but does anybody know where you can get a replacement fan for the gear motor (I think it's a Dayton) we use on presto pots.  Mine's in pretty bad shape and I'd like to replace it.  I saw one somewhere a year or so  ago when I was looking for something else but can't find it again.   

Thanks.

On 3/9/2021 at 8:16 AM, SlowFISH said:

McMaster Carr should have a bunch - just look at spec on the one you have. Look for Compact AC Gearmotors.

I contacted them.  They don't carry Dayton motors so they don't have any parts.  They suggested contacting the manufacturer, but I can't find any info on Dayton. 

How big of a motor is this ( 1/10 horsepower  for example ) and is it an AC , DC , or Universal motor ?   Is there a nameplate on the motor you're replacing?  If you can't specifically find a Dayton you could use a different brand with the correct rating and physical size . Can you post a picture of the motor and nameplate 

2 minutes ago, jigmeister said:

How big of a motor is this ( 1/10 horsepower  for example ) and is it an AC , DC , or Universal motor ?   Is there a nameplate on the motor you're replacing?  If you can't specifically find a Dayton you could use a different brand with the correct rating and physical size . Can you post a picture of the motor and nameplate 

The motor is an AC gear motor  Dayton model 1LNG1.  The fan is a 4 blade plastic one.  

Here the product info from the grainger website:

1lng1.png

Sorry about the misunderstanding on my part . Speaking of parts though I did find Dayton part # for just the fan for your motor     Dayton # 46-6-3         Grainger should be able to get this part being a Dayton distributor 

Grainger also  sells a Dayton 4 blade 2.5" plastic fan  # 5JKL5 that could be a match  for your motor 

Edited by jigmeister
error
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, jigmeister said:

Speaking of parts though I did find Dayton part # for just the fan for your motor     Dayton # 46-6-3         Grainger should be able to get this part being a Dayton distributor

I also found that number (46-6-3) through one of the PDFs attached to the listing for the motor.  Called Grainger and it's no longer available, but he did give me some numbers for a couple that may work.   Just need to find some calipers to get a reasonable measurement of the shaft it goes on.  Thanks 

Edited by bryanmc