kingmfg

Dead On Plastic

9 hours ago, bryanmc said:

I've been really happy with medium from baitplastics.com. 

That makes two of us. It toook me a little while to get use to it after using calhouns that baitjunkys sold, but i'm happy now. I just orderd 4 gallons of medium & a gallon of  salt water too . I mix it with the medium to make tubes.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 6:11 PM, Bass-Boys said:

Les,

What was it that you had to get used to. I am down to my last few gallons of Calhouns and will be trying something different.

Thinking about Easy stretch, but not sure yet .

https://www.calhounsoftplastic.com/#/

calhoun is being distributed by someone on the many facebook soft plastics groups now. i havent used it yet (happy with bait plastics) but it gets good reviews on the groups and the pics show it to be nice and clear.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 7:11 PM, Bass-Boys said:

Les,

What was it that you had to get used to. I am down to my last few gallons of Calhouns and will be trying something different.

Thinking about Easy stretch, but not sure yet .

The baits cured up oilier  & softer feeling than with the calnouns, but after letting them cure a little  longer there very  good and the softness is good & the baits are actually pretty  durable.  I've ordered several 5 gallon batches of it so far & like it.

Edited by Les Young

7 hours ago, Les Young said:

The baits cured up oilier  & softer feeling than with the calnouns, but after letting them cure a little  longer there very  good and the softness is good & the baits are actually pretty  durable.  I've ordered several 5 gallon batches of it so far & like it.

Hmm,  The baits are oily when cured ? 

15 hours ago, Bass-Boys said:

Hmm,  The baits are oily when cured ? 

Let me rephrase that. They come out of the mold  & they are oilier when warm  until they've had time tocool &  cure, but after a little time i really like the results. I think it's  a little clearer than the calhouns too. Anyway it being a different plastic & me getting use to the slight differences between it & calhouns i'm completely satisfied with the baitplastics stuff. :yay:

• Like 4

I cant get away from mf easy stretch and bounce.  I even mix them together.  The only draw back to bounce is it wont laminate unless duel injected.  The easy stretch has no draw back.  I use soft bounce as a softner and never need a hardner for es med/firm.  I also use bounce medium as a softner for es.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steelhead Junkie said:

This is what's happening when I add Translucent Dye to heated Deadon Plastic.

20210329_182530.jpg

20210329_182541.jpg

20210329_194709.jpg

What happens if you add the dye before heating? Looks like the dye is not dissolved. I'd bet it would dissolve in raw plastic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Redfisher said:

I cant get away from mf easy stretch and bounce.  I even mix them together.  The only draw back to bounce is it wont laminate unless duel injected.  The easy stretch has no draw back.  I use soft bounce as a softner and never need a hardner for es med/firm.  I also use bounce medium as a softner for es.

I'm dying to try Easy Stretch, just putting it off because of shipping $$. Would you say ES is as durable as saltwater plastic? How about clarity?

On 3/31/2021 at 8:36 PM, Redfisher said:

I cant get away from mf easy stretch and bounce. 

The only drawback to both is they will hard pack pretty severely.  A buddy gave me a gallon of bounce he had for a couple years and there was literally an inch of hard pack on the bottom. 

• Like 1