Jump to content
kingmfg

Dead On Plastic

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, bryanmc said:

I've been really happy with medium from baitplastics.com. 

That makes two of us. It toook me a little while to get use to it after using calhouns that baitjunkys sold, but i'm happy now. I just orderd 4 gallons of medium & a gallon of  salt water too . I mix it with the medium to make tubes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, basskat said:

I really can't tell any difference. Switched when Baitjunky's quit carrying Calhoun's.  Used around 25 gallons so far this year with no issues.

You are now using dead on?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2021 at 6:11 PM, Bass-Boys said:

Les,

  What was it that you had to get used to. I am down to my last few gallons of Calhouns and will be trying something different.

 Thinking about Easy stretch, but not sure yet .

https://www.calhounsoftplastic.com/#/

 

calhoun is being distributed by someone on the many facebook soft plastics groups now. i havent used it yet (happy with bait plastics) but it gets good reviews on the groups and the pics show it to be nice and clear.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2021 at 11:32 AM, bryanmc said:

I've been really happy with medium from baitplastics.com. 

Thank You, Bryan. Basskat seems to be happy with it too. I’ll be ordering soon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2021 at 7:11 PM, Bass-Boys said:

Les,

  What was it that you had to get used to. I am down to my last few gallons of Calhouns and will be trying something different.

 Thinking about Easy stretch, but not sure yet .

The baits cured up oilier  & softer feeling than with the calnouns, but after letting them cure a little  longer there very  good and the softness is good & the baits are actually pretty  durable.  I've ordered several 5 gallon batches of it so far & like it.

Edited by Les Young
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Les Young said:

The baits cured up oilier  & softer feeling than with the calnouns, but after letting them cure a little  longer there very  good and the softness is good & the baits are actually pretty  durable.  I've ordered several 5 gallon batches of it so far & like it.

Hmm,  The baits are oily when cured ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bass-Boys said:

Hmm,  The baits are oily when cured ? 

Let me rephrase that. They come out of the mold  & they are oilier when warm  until they've had time tocool &  cure, but after a little time i really like the results. I think it's  a little clearer than the calhouns too. Anyway it being a different plastic & me getting use to the slight differences between it & calhouns i'm completely satisfied with the baitplastics stuff. :yay:

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant get away from mf easy stretch and bounce.  I even mix them together.  The only draw back to bounce is it wont laminate unless duel injected.  The easy stretch has no draw back.  I use soft bounce as a softner and never need a hardner for es med/firm.  I also use bounce medium as a softner for es.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Steelhead Junkie said:

This is what's happening when I add Translucent Dye to heated Deadon Plastic.

 

 

20210329_182530.jpg

20210329_182541.jpg

20210329_194709.jpg

What happens if you add the dye before heating? Looks like the dye is not dissolved. I'd bet it would dissolve in raw plastic.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, basskat said:

What happens if you add the dye before heating? Looks like the dye is not dissolved. I'd bet it would dissolve in raw plastic.

Agreed,,,  put the die in and stir before heating .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Redfisher said:

I cant get away from mf easy stretch and bounce.  I even mix them together.  The only draw back to bounce is it wont laminate unless duel injected.  The easy stretch has no draw back.  I use soft bounce as a softner and never need a hardner for es med/firm.  I also use bounce medium as a softner for es.

I'm dying to try Easy Stretch, just putting it off because of shipping $$. Would you say ES is as durable as saltwater plastic? How about clarity?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2021 at 8:36 PM, Redfisher said:

I cant get away from mf easy stretch and bounce. 

The only drawback to both is they will hard pack pretty severely.  A buddy gave me a gallon of bounce he had for a couple years and there was literally an inch of hard pack on the bottom. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...
Top