Ballin21

Blade Type

55 minutes ago, dlaery said:

a magnet will pick up steel blade, it will not pick up brass blades unless they are nickle plated and the nickle will be slightly attracted to a magnet.

Thank you for the info. I’ll keep that in mind when I’m purchasing some more blades. 

Plated steel blades aren't that common anymore. Steel blades are more commonly sold raw or painted. Yes, most of the painted blades you buy are steel. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think you are talking about tarnish and not rust. Not all brass blades are equal, some are plain brass and then there are the lacquer coated brass blades. Plain brass blades, even those that are plated will tarnish. Lacquer coated ones will tarnish but it takes years but there is a way to prevent it. Take a damp, not wet, just damp towel and use it to apply a thin coat of your favorite paste car wax to the blade. Do it before storing your spinnerbaits and they won't tarnish. If you are in an area that you can fish year round then apply a coat about once a year and you'll be fine.

• Like 1