Jump to content
Curt - RI

2021 Coolest Lure Contest Winners!

Recommended Posts

Here are the winners of the 2021 lure contest.

As always, choosing the winners was tough. Keep up the great work!

 

Best Custom Painted Hardbait

1 - T.Morgan -

 

2 - mdojet -

 

3 - Lisa McNeese -

 

 

 

Best Homemade Hardbait

1 - Ryan V -

 

2 - Funky Paint Lures -

 

3 - bigelures -

 

 

Best Wire Bait

1 - Matt Thayer - RI -

 

2 - HappyHookerLures -

 

3 - Slow Town Custom Lures -

 

 

 

Best Soft Bait

1 - Travis -

 

2 - FishDaddy401 -

 

3 - foxbites -

 

 

Best Fly

1 - Tejmohan Sawhney -

 

2 - Tim Johnso -

 

3 - T.N.T. Bass Bugs -

 

 

Best Custom Rod or Reel

1 - MCiciulla -

 

2 - tjzman -

 

3 - gekhang -

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Carbite said:

Big sad on the loss.  Must've gotten pegged on the quality of finish, or just because I'm brand new around here.  Congrats to Matt on the best wire bait!

How long you've been a member doesn't get taken into account when it comes to judging.

Quality of finish is one of the factors that is used, as well as several others.

Try again next year. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Curt - RI said:

How long you've been a member doesn't get taken into account when it comes to judging.

Quality of finish is one of the factors that is used, as well as several others.

Try again next year. ;)

Cool to hear there's no tribalism.  I certainly will if I manage to find time, which is unlikely :wacko:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was first stunned by the question raised by Carbite, but only for a second as I remember asking myself the same question every year. I even ask the selfish question ‘who are all these people that I have never heard of before’. So, this year I decided to do a little research and find out more:

Out of the 18 prize winners:
8 new members, joined for the competition.
8 old members, who only use the gallery.
2 general members, Travis and Gekhang.

This explains a lot. Gekhang only posts in rod and reel, so the only name that I recognized out of the prize winners was Travis who is an avid contributor. I very rarely go in to the gallery and so did not recognize those names.

So, well done the new members and I hope you hang with us. Well done the gallery gang, there is good reason that these members win a lot, they take pride in presentation. Well done to all.

I had @Baker as the winner of paint, but had the top-3 in my short list of 6.
I had @Luskvillelures as best hard.
I didn’t look at the other categories.

Dave

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Vodkaman said:

I was first stunned by the question raised by Carbite, but only for a second as I remember asking myself the same question every year. I even ask the selfish question ‘who are all these people that I have never heard of before’. So, this year I decided to do a little research and find out more:

Out of the 18 prize winners:
8 new members, joined for the competition.
8 old members, who only use the gallery.
2 general members, Travis and Gekhang.

It was a bit of a probing question, hope it didn't come off too blunt.  Since I'm new, I was trying to figure out if everyone's just as chill when there's $100 on the line, and you proved they are.  New to forums in general, still feeling out the territory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Carbite said:

It was a bit of a probing question, hope it didn't come off too blunt.  Since I'm new, I was trying to figure out if everyone's just as chill when there's $100 on the line, and you proved they are.  New to forums in general, still feeling out the territory.

If you plan to stick around and contribute to the forum you will find members here welcoming 

hopefully you do because this place could grow into so much more if it had more regular contributors

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2021 at 11:07 AM, Carbite said:

Big sad on the loss.  Must've gotten pegged on the quality of finish, or just because I'm brand new around here.  Congrats to Matt on the best wire bait!

Thank you very much! Its not because you are new. I don't comment on things much. I spend most of my time here researching and reading.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2021 at 9:40 PM, Vodkaman said:

I was first stunned by the question raised by Carbite, but only for a second as I remember asking myself the same question every year. I even ask the selfish question ‘who are all these people that I have never heard of before’. So, this year I decided to do a little research and find out more:

 

Out of the 18 prize winners:
8 new members, joined for the competition.
8 old members, who only use the gallery.
2 general members, Travis and Gekhang.

 

This explains a lot. Gekhang only posts in rod and reel, so the only name that I recognized out of the prize winners was Travis who is an avid contributor. I very rarely go in to the gallery and so did not recognize those names.

So, well done the new members and I hope you hang with us. Well done the gallery gang, there is good reason that these members win a lot, they take pride in presentation. Well done to all.

 

I had @Baker as the winner of paint, but had the top-3 in my short list of 6.
I had @Luskvillelures as best hard.
I didn’t look at the other categories.

 

Dave

 

I don't comment too often on here. I am on a lot though, probably not logged in. I research and read a lot on here. Usually a previous thread has an answer to a question I have, or someone else has given an answer or a better one then I would have given to a topic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congrats to the winners.  I was unable to judge this year because of work and just now looking at the pictures.  Amazing talent as usual!  And for the record, I can assure everyone there is no favoritism when selecting winners.  

Nice work and I hope everyone has a great year of fishing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2021 at 11:07 AM, Carbite said:

Big sad on the loss.  Must've gotten pegged on the quality of finish, or just because I'm brand new around here.  Congrats to Matt on the best wire bait!

Just keep in mind for next year... it more about looks (pretty finishes) rather than design and you'll have a better chance.

-Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...
Top