fishyfish21

Lureworks Medium vs. Medium/Soft vs. Medium Hard Pourasol

Hi, 

Question for those of you that use Lureworks' Pourasol. I bought the 5 gallon bucket of the Lureworks Medium Pourasol and have to add 5 1/2 tsp. of hardener (Lureworks) per cup of Pourasol in order to get the hardness that I'm looking for. Can anyone advise as to which would be the best one to buy to avoid having to add hardener every time. Would the Medium Hard be what I'm looking for? 

Thanks!

Edited by fishyfish21

11 hours ago, fishyfish21 said:

Hi, 

Question for those of you that use Lureworks' Pourasol. I bought the 5 gallon bucket of the Lureworks Medium Pourasol and have to add 5 1/2 tsp. of hardener (Lureworks) per cup of Pourasol in order to get the hardness that I'm looking for. Can anyone advise as to which would be the best one to buy to avoid having to add hardener every time. Would the Medium Hard be what I'm looking for? 

Thanks!

That's a lot of hardener to have to add to 1 cup !! -- You mite not have the plastisol stirred up enough . ? The hardener that is in the plasisol will settle to the bottom of the jug .  What type of baits and fish are you going for ?  

On average it takes 1 tsp of Hardener per cup of plastic to go from Medium to Medium-Hard. So adding 2 tsp of Hardener to 1 cup of Medium should get you to Hard. If your at 5-6 tsp of Hardener per cup of Medium you possibly beyond the Extra Hard firmness scale. 

It would be a good idea to insure you have your bucket mixed thoroughly. A stick across the bottom will let you know if you have some resin not mixed in. If it is mixed well then you should start off with Pourasol Hard and adjust if needed on your next order.

8 hours ago, Bass-Boys said:

That's a lot of hardener to have to add to 1 cup !! -- You mite not have the plastisol stirred up enough . ? The hardener that is in the plasisol will settle to the bottom of the jug .  What type of baits and fish are you going for ?  

I stir the plastisol thoroughly and there's nothing settling at the bottom. I'm making saltwater swimbaits, and the hardness I'm getting from adding that 5.5 tsp to the Medium is the correct amount. 

Edited by fishyfish21

17 hours ago, fishyfish21 said:

I stir the plastisol thoroughly and there's nothing settling at the bottom. I'm making saltwater swimbaits, and the hardness I'm getting from adding that 5.5 tsp to the Medium is the correct amount. 

Some of the plastisol companies make a salt water mix. I would try that .

7 hours ago, Les Young said:

I don't know how hard salt water swimbaits  are suppose to  be, but medium pourasol  lureworks is some great stuff for normal bass lures. I will mix 50 %  hard to medium when i'm making tubes, but other than that i've never have a problem with it whatsoever.

A lot of the salt water fish have sharp teeth so harder baits are needed I think ? 

13 hours ago, Bass-Boys said:

A lot of the salt water fish have sharp teeth so harder baits are needed I think ? 

Oh no doubt. I was just giving an example of what i do for  firming up tubes. I know salt water plastic should be harder so i figured straight hard would be  way better for them. :yay:

9 hours ago, Les Young said:

Oh no doubt. I was just giving an example of what i do for  firming up tubes. I know salt water plastic should be harder so i figured straight hard would be  way better for them. :yay:

I hear ya ,:),,, and I have never done any salt water fishing myself.

Edited by Bass-Boys

If you are willing to try a plastisol from a different manufacturer, the Super Tough from Bait Plastics is just as its' name implies. That stuff is tough as nails. I use it to make chunk trailers for bass jig, and also for dipping the heads of drop shot baits in.

It is hard to tear off a hook, and it has decent action for the chunk trailers as well

• Like 1