Jump to content
fishyfish21

Lureworks Medium vs. Medium/Soft vs. Medium Hard Pourasol

Recommended Posts

Hi, 

Question for those of you that use Lureworks' Pourasol. I bought the 5 gallon bucket of the Lureworks Medium Pourasol and have to add 5 1/2 tsp. of hardener (Lureworks) per cup of Pourasol in order to get the hardness that I'm looking for. Can anyone advise as to which would be the best one to buy to avoid having to add hardener every time. Would the Medium Hard be what I'm looking for? 

Thanks!

Edited by fishyfish21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, fishyfish21 said:

Hi, 

Question for those of you that use Lureworks' Pourasol. I bought the 5 gallon bucket of the Lureworks Medium Pourasol and have to add 5 1/2 tsp. of hardener (Lureworks) per cup of Pourasol in order to get the hardness that I'm looking for. Can anyone advise as to which would be the best one to buy to avoid having to add hardener every time. Would the Medium Hard be what I'm looking for? 

Thanks!

That's a lot of hardener to have to add to 1 cup !! -- You mite not have the plastisol stirred up enough . ? The hardener that is in the plasisol will settle to the bottom of the jug .  What type of baits and fish are you going for ?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On average it takes 1 tsp of Hardener per cup of plastic to go from Medium to Medium-Hard. So adding 2 tsp of Hardener to 1 cup of Medium should get you to Hard. If your at 5-6 tsp of Hardener per cup of Medium you possibly beyond the Extra Hard firmness scale. 

It would be a good idea to insure you have your bucket mixed thoroughly. A stick across the bottom will let you know if you have some resin not mixed in. If it is mixed well then you should start off with Pourasol Hard and adjust if needed on your next order.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Bass-Boys said:

That's a lot of hardener to have to add to 1 cup !! -- You mite not have the plastisol stirred up enough . ? The hardener that is in the plasisol will settle to the bottom of the jug .  What type of baits and fish are you going for ?  

I stir the plastisol thoroughly and there's nothing settling at the bottom. I'm making saltwater swimbaits, and the hardness I'm getting from adding that 5.5 tsp to the Medium is the correct amount. 

Edited by fishyfish21
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know how hard salt water swimbaits  are suppose to  be, but medium pourasol  lureworks is some great stuff for normal bass lures. I will mix 50 %  hard to medium when i'm making tubes, but other than that i've never have a problem with it whatsoever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, fishyfish21 said:

I stir the plastisol thoroughly and there's nothing settling at the bottom. I'm making saltwater swimbaits, and the hardness I'm getting from adding that 5.5 tsp to the Medium is the correct amount. 

Some of the plastisol companies make a salt water mix. I would try that .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Les Young said:

I don't know how hard salt water swimbaits  are suppose to  be, but medium pourasol  lureworks is some great stuff for normal bass lures. I will mix 50 %  hard to medium when i'm making tubes, but other than that i've never have a problem with it whatsoever.

A lot of the salt water fish have sharp teeth so harder baits are needed I think ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Bass-Boys said:

A lot of the salt water fish have sharp teeth so harder baits are needed I think ? 

Oh no doubt. I was just giving an example of what i do for  firming up tubes. I know salt water plastic should be harder so i figured straight hard would be  way better for them. :yay:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Les Young said:

Oh no doubt. I was just giving an example of what i do for  firming up tubes. I know salt water plastic should be harder so i figured straight hard would be  way better for them. :yay:

I hear ya ,:),,, and I have never done any salt water fishing myself.

Edited by Bass-Boys
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are willing to try a plastisol from a different manufacturer, the Super Tough from Bait Plastics is just as its' name implies. That stuff is tough as nails. I use it to make chunk trailers for bass jig, and also for dipping the heads of drop shot baits in.

It is hard to tear off a hook, and it has decent action for the chunk trailers as well

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...
Top