rustedhook

Skirt tabs

Would somebody on here who has tons of money start a company here in the U.S. that makes skirt material. This covid crap is killing me. Been wanting to make an order from fishing skirts.com since September of 2020 and 95% of items are still out of stock. Was told in an email to them on February 7 they had an order on the way. It must have got lost. Lurepartsonline can't even keep inventory of their own exclusive colors. And forget about anything that remotely resembles Magic Craw.

Sorry for the rant, know its not their fault.

• Like 1

Funny you should bring this up.

Last night checked and have colors in my whish list (fishing skirts) from April 6 2021.

How can it be (ya I know) in this day and age that skirts are only made in 1 or 2 places in the world? 

Is the manufacturing so toxic that it can't be done in the US? Is there only one machine in the world? Is labor sooo much cheaper?

Seems as though there could be somewhere in the US they could be made.

That being said I wish there was someone who put together a "cross" reference for the part numbers from companies for the different "brands", just to get close sometimes.

It's so dang hard to try and pick a color from a picture on the internet only to order it and go aw shit that isn't even close to what I was looking for.

Just saying.

19 hours ago, MT204 said:

How can it be (ya I know) in this day and age that skirts are only made in 1 or 2 places in the world? 

Is the manufacturing so toxic that it can't be done in the US? Is there only one machine in the world? Is labor sooo much cheaper?

Seems as though there could be somewhere in the US they could be made.

this is all cost based, driven by labor and environmental rules in US. We are happy to keep US under regulation and let other countries profit and burn the environment from deregulated manufacturing.

Yes they could easily be made in the US, and if there was a profit model to do so it would be done.

On 5/10/2021 at 5:25 AM, Outlaw4 said:

this is all cost based, driven by labor and environmental rules in US. We are happy to keep US under regulation and let other countries profit and burn the environment from deregulated manufacturing.

Yes they could easily be made in the US, and if there was a profit model to do so it would be done.

I think you're right.  The only way to get stuff that's manufactured in an environmentally friendly way is to buy domestically, from makers who are regulated.  I guess we all have to make our own choices.

The top skirt tab supplier to the US market has it's production plant located in Vietnam.

They make silicone skirts for Z Man and other big name lure manufacturers as well as skirt tabs for venders here in the states .  They are  overwhelmed by demand right now and running their production at 150% of designed  capacity from what I was recently told .  This has caused a shortage of skirt tabs and also the discontinuation of a lot of colors in favor of what colors/patterns their major clients want made.

I was also told they were looking to expand their facilities in Vietnam to meet demand but Covid has put a damper on that for now .

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 8:31 AM, jigmeister said:

The top skirt tab supplier to the US market has it's production plant located in Vietnam.

They make silicone skirts for Z Man and other big name lure manufacturers as well as skirt tabs for venders here in the states .  They are  overwhelmed by demand right now and running their production at 150% of designed  capacity from what I was recently told .  This has caused a shortage of skirt tabs and also the discontinuation of a lot of colors in favor of what colors/patterns their major clients want made.

I was also told they were looking to expand their facilities in Vietnam to meet demand but Covid has put a damper on that for now .

Fishingskirts.com must be a small player in this. I have been wanting to order Finesse Green Pumpkin Magic Craw Dalmatian since September of 2020. 

7 hours ago, rustedhook said:

Fishingskirts.com must be a small player in this. I have been wanting to order Finesse Green Pumpkin Magic Craw Dalmatian since September of 2020. 

Fishing skirts .com gets their skirts from the same supplier in Vietnam per the supplier .   I was on a waiting for a couple of colors for over a year before I received an email saying these colors were discontinued and NLA.

Edited by jigmeister
addition

On 5/9/2021 at 12:14 PM, rustedhook said:

Would somebody on here who has tons of money start a company here in the U.S. that makes skirt material. This covid crap is killing me. Been wanting to make an order from fishing skirts.com since September of 2020 and 95% of items are still out of stock. Was told in an email to them on February 7 they had an order on the way. It must have got lost. Lurepartsonline can't even keep inventory of their own exclusive colors. And forget about anything that remotely resembles Magic Craw.

One year today. Still out of stock. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 12:14 PM, rustedhook said:

I can’t believe after 14 months they are not receiving stock.

I just received a dear customer letter from Skirts Plus explaining the current situation for them. Covid and all the related issues in the supply chain. They go on to say silicon suppliers have doubled their lead times and increased their prices up to 300% in some cases. So the shortage isn’t getting better and the prices are going up. Hope everyone has a pretty good stock.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Apdriver said:

I just received a dear customer letter from Skirts Plus explaining the current situation for them. Covid and all the related issues in the supply chain. They go on to say silicon suppliers have doubled their lead times and increased their prices up to 300% in some cases. So the shortage isn’t getting better and the prices are going up. Hope everyone has a pretty good stock.

Thanks for the info. 

This is another reason why we should manufacture our own products. I know that it cost and environmental, but there should be ways to start a business and stay in business. All of this made in other countries stuff is making it hard for the average person to have access to materials for a hobby, let alone a small business. I have owned several small businesses over the years and was pushed out by a larger company that did their business overseas. Except for the USA and fair trade countries the global economy supports monopolies. 

Not fishing related but sorta the same.

One of my air hose suppliers just sent me a letter, sorry no resins available so we are not able to mfg air hoses for an unknown time.

The hose's are made in the US but who knows where the resins come from.

And yes a 25-50% increase.