jigmeister

Would you pay more to get silicone skirt tabs in colors always out of stock or even custom colors you could order?

I recently received an email response to a question I submitted to the largest silicone skirt tab supplier in the US (and possibly the world ) inquiring about popular skirt tab colors that are no longer available today .  The gist of it was that their production is overburdened and being unable to keep up with demand they scaled down the colors produced to about 300 used by their biggest customers .  My original thought was to try to arrange a group purchase to meet a minimum lot size of tabs but even this was not an option .

It seems like a golden opportunity for someone to start up a skirt tab production plant in the US to take up some of this business due to obvious "Supply and demand " issues.   I'm sure the cost would be higher than what it cost to make a similar product in Vietnam but at least the US availability would be back . Maybe it comes down to environmental regulations ?   

Good thought, but who would pay the exorbitant price. Can't make it cheap enough in the states with cost of labor rates. Also with 300 color selections, I don't know why you would we need more. Some colors would sell and others won't leaving manufacturers to throw them away. I personally am happy with the current available colors. Also every year there is a new hot color until it fades away. Just can't keep up with everyone's demand and for the few that would order not worth making. JMO.