Tiderunner

LureWorks Sparkle Glitter

So I had to go ahead and watch a YT video with someone using the Lureworks sparkle glitter. Look pretty cool, so of course I had to order some.  I ordered the Violet, Gold and Green sparkle flake  .040 for each.

Fast delivery so went right to work. I used a crayfish color with the violet. And a brown almost Berkley Camo for the gold, the green was out of stock. These are the colors I use the most.

I gotta say, I was underwhelmed. The violet in the crayfish came out pretty good. But nothing spectacular. The brown with gold was no big deal at all. I think my hologram gold was better.

One thing I didn't like about the glitter was you need to use a lot! In the grand scheme of things , a lot being double what you would normally use, and then some. But you won't use a jar in a couple days. Using a lot though means coarse baits. And the cooler temps ( approx. 290* ) needed to keep from damaging the glitter makes it difficult to inject baits.

Wish there was a sparkle blue as I do make a lot of black w/ blue glitter baits.

So I'm not sold on these glitters. They're double the price of regular. Not sure they're worth it. Two 2oz. jars with shipping and tax came to $30.

Maybe there's a learning curve, so I will keep working with these until I find a combo that moves me.

BTW. I did follow the YT guy's instructions to the letter.

6 hours ago, wallyc14 said:

I got sparkle violet .I use it for my version of electric minnow and I have to use a ton of it to get the effect

I'm glad it wasn't just me. Not thrilled with the product at all. I honestly feel as though regular violet or hologram gold, would work just as well in my applications.

Not sure what the expectations of this product were or are. Just to explain what it is from what I have recieved. It is hilite put on clear film and cut into glitter. An explosion of color is not what you get. But you can get a transparent bait with flashes of the color you choose. Clear and light smoke color will get you the highest quality affect. Putting it in an opaque color will not yield a result that is worth the effort to put it in. 

• Like 3

The sparkle violet .015 in smoke is one of our top selling colors & one of my personal favorites to fish. I've tried some of the sparkle green but it isn't as heat resistant as the violet. The sparkle violet usually holds up well through a gallon run but the green not so much.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 8:47 PM, Frank said:

Not sure what the expectations of this product were or are. Just to explain what it is from what I have recieved. It is hilite put on clear film and cut into glitter. An explosion of color is not what you get. But you can get a transparent bait with flashes of the color you choose. Clear and light smoke color will get you the highest quality affect. Putting it in an opaque color will not yield a result that is worth the effort to put it in. 

Was expecting a little more flash than regular or hologram glitter. Maybe a little more flash or iridescence? I tried some clear, nice results but I don't make any clear baits. I did try an opaque stick bait. That was for an order I had. Regular glitter was heads and tails above the shine of the sparkle. Scratching my head over that one.

Tonight a tried a white pearl smoke with the .035 violet. Not bad, but I can see where the .015 would certainly be a better choice.

Interestingly, using MF crayfish color with the .035 violet the baits took on a violet color. Before you say I overheated it, upon further review, the baits were the right color, brownish sort of, but there was enough glimmer in the violet to give the baits a purple cast. Came out a pretty cool looking color.

I also find that thinner baits seem to show the sparkle effect better. Of course, that I'm sure would depend on what I'm pouring. I do have some smoke regrinds I can reheat, so now I'm looking forward to trying that using the gold in some, and the violet in some. Will be mostly bigger 5" grubs.

• Like 1