2marshall8

Storing Baits for Future Orders

18 minutes ago, 2marshall8 said:

how did you avoid the baits bending as they sat in your inventory ?

+1 on this.... I like/make baits with alot of small appendages - trying to keep them "straight" or in the desired shape/location kills me.  I'm convinced the reason 1/2 the market is worms and the other 1/2 use thick sections in arms/legs is to not have to deal with bending/deformation in bags - the only real exceptions I see are swimbaits that literally cradle each bait to keep it perfect.

J.

3 hours ago, SlowFISH said:

+1 on this.... I like/make baits with alot of small appendages - trying to keep them "straight" or in the desired shape/location kills me.  I'm convinced the reason 1/2 the market is worms and the other 1/2 use thick sections in arms/legs is to not have to deal with bending/deformation in bags - the only real exceptions I see are swimbaits that literally cradle each bait to keep it perfect.

J.

yep, yep, great points. If I could afford clamshells I would, ha, but I also wouldn't be on here talking to yall if I was at that point :). I've got creatures, worms, swimbaits primarily and yah I'm going to be concerned about storing the swimbaits particularly, but honestly I haven't had a single complaint thus far in shipping my swimbaits in bags which will bend the tails and business is good. So people must not care as much as we think or have come to accept a level of deformation in the baits, and the bass must not Right now I just shoot, cure, and bag, so I shoot on demand which is wearing on me. Hopefully the inventory storage will work.