Navin_R_Johnson

Christmas lures

I always have a few/bunch lures hanging from our X-mas tree and was going to make a few for the rest of my fishing family this year.  Some of the family has smaller kids or pets around though so, I don't want to use real treble hooks.  Before I resort to bending wire and soldering, anyone happen to know if I can find similar pre-made as the picture?  

hooks.jpg

@21xdc, I tried that on some cheep hooks but they didn't look quite right.  I'll still stick with bending wire if I don't find produced counterparts.

@BigEpp, Should have mentioned, those aren't mine.  I grabbed that pic off the net somewhere.  I am going for that vintage look though, gotta get on my wife to carve them out for me, she's the wood worker.

@Mark, The little farts seem love them.  Just wait till you get them in the boat and they want to play with them while your trying to fish. :D  Great times! 

Anyone else have some fun alternative uses for their lures since were on the subject?  Great idea for bath toys, I'll need to pass a couple over to the new fisherman we have in the family!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Nathan said:

Mark,

I had to re-read your post about your grandson..At first I thought you gave the hooks to him as bath toys..Not the lures…Getting older really stinks…lol..Nathan

Nathan,

I fear his mother too much to ever do that.  Hahaha

He and his dad are going out on the boat with me this October for the first time, after his baby brother is born.  I'm pretty sure he'll be thrilled.   It will be interesting to see how he reacts to seeing live fish, and, hopefully, catching one.

If things are slow, I can always fill the livewell and let him play with his cranks in it.

Being a grandpa is such hard work!  Hahaha

I took my 3 older (6, 4, 2) boys fishing today in a local quarry turned lake. Wasn't long before they were digging for clams in the gravel bank, making rock castles, and finally splashing and basically swimming. By the time we were headed home my 6 year old was telling people they had been Scooba diving.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Big Epp said:

I took my 3 older (6, 4, 2) boys fishing today in a local quarry turned lake. Wasn't long before they were digging for clams in the gravel bank, making rock castles, and finally splashing and basically swimming. By the time we were headed home my 6 year old was telling people they had been Scooba diving.

Maybe he meant Scooby diving.  Hahaha