Tiderunner

Berkley Camo Recipe?

One of the color I had a lot of success with through the years has been Berkley camo. I have come close to matching the color. Close but no cigar. Tried the recipe book posted here. But it comes out looking more like terracotta clay.

Does anyone have a recipe for camo they can share?

I've made some sort of brown with adding green hi lite powder. And it's sort of close. But I end up using more glitter to bring out the color instead of colorings.

This is one of the two color that has me baffled. The other is Yamo 197. Again close but no cigar.

On 8/19/2021 at 11:13 AM, alsworms said:

A great old school color.  If I'm not mistaken, I used light green pumpkin and light root beer.  Both LC colors. Hope this helps at least a bit. 

Yes it is, and very effective, and also getting hard to find. I'm trying to make 7" ribbon tail worms, and have come close.

And I've been making Senko types in the close color with guys constantly asking me for more as it seems they're highly successful on smallmouth bass.

On 8/19/2021 at 8:10 PM, Frank said:

Try MF baby bass for the green and Spikeits root beer for the brown. For a more fleshy brown color use Spikeits Carolina pumpkin, use a lot of it cause it is week. 

Thanks guys. So I have the baby bass, but now need root beer, light pumpkin and Carolina pumpkin. And the light root beer.

Of course the only colors I don't have!  And of course they have to be from different suppliers. Oh well this addiction keeps off the street and out of trouble

• Like 1