Bassmaster Rick

Types of Salts and Quanities

Hey Guys. Another question about salt. A buddy of mine wanted some watermelon Senkos with red/black flake and he wanted them heavier than a regular Senko. He said to load them up with salt. I realize that too much salt distorts the color and I tried to tell him that but he didn't care. "I want to taste it" is what he said. lol. I mixed up a 8oz cup of Bait Plastics #242 plastisol, with heat stabilizer, and went with it. The baits looked great until I added the salt in. It didn't matter if it was MF salt or ground up rock salt. What types of salts are you Guys using and what kind of quantities are you using to get to that 10.7 gram weight of a Yamamoto Senko? At what point is too much salt?

Thanks, Rick

It will be vary hard to get a stick bait heavier than a senko with just salt . I have added more and more salt and its very hard to get over 11 grams with a 5" . Not sure what to tell you to use? 

6 level  table spoons per 8 oz. is a ton of salt , and you will need to add softener also .

Edited by Bass-Boys