jigmeister

Hooray after posting on this site since it came into creation (2001 or 2002) I have achieved the Prestiegeous "Rookie" classification .

Well I guess we all have something to strive to reach... :lolhuh:

I often wonder about who comes up with all the "bells and whistles" on sites.  The strange thing is some individuals really find this to be very important.  There are few sites I visit and it is very common for some of the old white guys to really get upset if one comments about something if they don't have projects posted, or haven't hit certain post counts, or participated in some sort of forum "event".    

Added:   

Hmmm... probably should have made a separate post instead of editing but maybe I will get an editing badge...  The initial post racked up a few badges.  If these badges come too frequently I will have to disable notifications as will fill up in no time. 8O

Edited by Travis

The funny thing about the badges, reputation, etc... stuff it serves no real purpose.  Well I guess there are some that get into post count and statistics so it might increase overall site participation. 

Another site I frequent has some members that really put emphasis on it to the point a small group of guys really end up driving people away based on the lack of "forum cred" because they have low post count, don't post projects, don't win some sort of badge/banner, etc...

20 hours ago, Travis said:

Another site I frequent has some members that really put emphasis on it to the point a small group of guys really end up driving people away based on the lack of "forum cred" because they have low post count, don't post projects, don't win some sort of badge/banner, etc...

Badges ?  We ain't got no badges ? We don't have to show you no stink'n badges!

Edited by jigmeister
  • Haha 1

I am honored to be a newbie, just like you jigmeister.  So, 10+ years, 1577 post, 82 days "won", 7 different "badge" categories, and I am a newbie.  Ye Ha.

Moderators???? How many "Grand Masters" do we have and what did they do to win this honor?  For that matter, do we have anyone over newbie???????

Moderators, enquiring minds want to know!:tipsy:

29 minutes ago, mark poulson said:

I must be missing something.  What do badges have to do with lure making? 

Not for sure?  But thinking maybe you should be demoted from your current Level Rookie ranking for not knowing.  

Edited by Travis