wallyc14

Flex 200

6 hours ago, wallyc14 said:

So Butch reached out to me today and let me know that the colorant we use now will work with it. I ordered some up so we will see. 

dont try to microwave it, i had seen some stuff on facebook about people using a micowave to heat it, so i figured i woul dget the trial (1oz or so) that they have on the site. long story short it exploded my pyrex before it got to 300 (needs to get to 400 i believe).  when it says on the package "do not use in microwave" believe it!

• Like 1

It is not cheap for sure. 119 for about 3/4 of a gallon. With that said I make for me and mine so it should last awhile. I have a couple of Ned and craw molds where I’m sure the stuff will shine . I’ll keep using plastisol for the rest. I’ve done well with the bass this year with a Ned bullet mold from bait junky’s in soft plastisol. I have also fished the Trd finesse baits. I broke my cardinal rule and bought some of the elaztech baits so I decided to give the flex a try.

So the plastic showed up yesterday and I got a few minutes today so I ran a small batch . I can say the colorant definitely works. It runs like plastisol however 400 degrees to kick but I was pouring at around 320 and I think I could go cooler.  I’m fishing tomorrow so I will let the fish judge. I will say though this stuff is pretty pricey so there won’t be much experimenting with it.

• Like 1

Ok so after a couple of weeks of using this stuff here’s the deal.

1- baits must be keep cool. I was told to keep in a cooler when I’m on the boat in the heat.

2- memory seems to be a known issue wth it I was told.

3- keeping them in bait bags they began to stick together and loose shape. This happened in my air conditioned shop. Not on my boat.

So the take away is I will pass on this stuff again. I can’t stand being a beta tester or at least not at that price point. Very disappointing:-(

• Like 1