DiggersJigTails

M-F Plastics Motor Oil

Start with a chartreuse dye like lureworks 107 then add a purple. The purple they use to use is not available anymore. Start with a 50/50 mix. Use a small amount to achieve the color in the pic. The more you use the more green it will get. I know this sounds weird but it is how it is made. Try it and find out. On a side note I did not say what exact purple to use but test out what you have and see what comes out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can thank our wonderful Gov't for this as it was they that banned the use of one of main ingredients.  I caught wind of this early enough to purchase several pints of the "old" motoroil colorant.  

The main difference is the "old" had a red tint vs a brown tint when exposed to natural light.

This happened quite a while back so newer bait makers don't know there was something different.

I use motoroil pretty regular when I'm trying to affect colors in combination and it doesn't take much.  Grasshopper is one of my favorite mixes.

On 10/10/2021 at 11:32 AM, JBuff said:

You can thank our wonderful Gov't for this as it was they that banned the use of one of main ingredients.  I caught wind of this early enough to purchase several pints of the "old" motoroil colorant.  

The main difference is the "old" had a red tint vs a brown tint when exposed to natural light.

This happened quite a while back so newer bait makers don't know there was something different.

I use motoroil pretty regular when I'm trying to affect colors in combination and it doesn't take much.  Grasshopper is one of my favorite mixes.

Which chemical did they ban?

On 10/13/2021 at 1:50 PM, mark poulson said:

Which chemical did they ban?

I have no idea which I was informed and searched out "old" colorant for a period of time and accumulated what I have now.  The most notable difference is the color of the flakes I use with it.