Lee's Lures

Soft Plastic Glide bait

How about using a nylon mesh fabric molded into the bait? I have a couple of Savage Gear 8" 3D swimbaits that use it and those have good action. They are 3 section swimbaits with a serpentine action. I think it would work on a glide bait. I don't do much in the soft plastic arena. In the past, I have used mesh in spots on senko type baits to add durability. The mesh does not seem to affect the action.  If the nylon is too flexible for the joint, you could try a stiffer outdoor type mesh  made of plastic or vinyl. It is also called patio mesh, insect screen, or privacy screen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JD_mudbug said:

How about using a nylon mesh fabric molded into the bait? I have a couple of Savage Gear 8" 3D swimbaits that use it and those have good action. They are 3 section swimbaits with a serpentine action. I think it would work on a glide bait. I don't do much in the soft plastic arena. In the past, I have used mesh in spots on senko type baits to add durability. The mesh does not seem to affect the action.  If the nylon is too flexible for the joint, you could try a stiffer outdoor type mesh  made of plastic or vinyl. It is also called patio mesh, insect screen, or privacy screen.

That idea fits the bill action wise, and I'll definitely give it a shot! I'm trying to make it modular so tails can be swapped, so I'm not sure how I would do that with mesh, but ya never know till ya try it. Thanks for the input!

• Like 1