bigblue

is there anyone still making wood lures?

Lots of people are out there still building. I slow down my lure building around this time of year because of pre-winter tasks that have to be done and the holidays. My lure building tends to pick up after New Year’s Day. People in the northeast have to pull in their docks and swim rafts before ice- in, clean up the fallen leaves and other yard work before snow, and give their boats some maintenance and winterization before putting them away. Any day with decent weather, I try to get out fishing.

There are still posts being made but they focus on a particular aspect of a lure build like chrome finish and clear coats which apply to building a lure with any material. Other topics have been discussed thoroughly in past posts so you don’t see new posts on them. There have been lots of post on shaping and the best tools for lure building, different sealers for wood, the benefits and draw backs of various types of wood, pvc vs. wood, line thru vs. screw eyes vs. twist wire eyes, different diving lip materials, different types of lure joints, why a particular lure shape does or doesn’t work, choosing an airbrush and paints, stencils and scale netting, different finishes like glitter/foil/chrome spray/decals, mid coats and top coats, etc. I just search the old posts for the info I am looking for when I am planning a new lure build.