Landry

Musky sized slow roller swimbait

Okay guys. I have a question here. I make 9-12” musky sized paddletails and I am looking to add a shallow/slow rolling 10” soft swimbait to my collection. 

my question is - do u people think a wedge style tail can be fished slower than a well designed paddletail (while still retaining a good kick)????

thanks

The Huddleston 8" Trout is a wedge tail and is very effective slow rolled. You can crawl the 8" and the 68 Special and get a seductive kick. It is not a hard thumping kick. It looks like a fish slowly cruising or one that is wounded and limping along. The weight inside each model determines the rate of fall and where it is in the water column when retrieved. They have weights from 4 oz. topwater (rate of fall 0) to 5.2 oz deep slow rollers (rate of fall 16). The 4.2 oz. rate of fall 5 is a good shallow slow roller. I have not tried the 10" as there is a big price jump between the 8" and 10" inch.

• Like 1