Fishin Big

Spinner and buzz baits

Which do you prefer? The R bend or the old fashioned twisted wire tie?

I like the twisted ones better. I don't feel like my knot and line is going to slip, and it has happened. I feel that it's an easier step to skip in the production process. I  don't pour my own lead anymore and sometimes I regret it, but I'm not going to start spending more money just for my own personal use. And every so often I come across more lead that I had stashed away and forgotten about. 

Safety-pin spinnerbaits are nice but pre-made heads can be hard to find. I also don't pour lead anymore. LPO used to sell spinnerbaits heads where you could pick the wire form, head mold, and hook. You had to order a minimum of 25. I have done that in the past. I could not find that on their website anymore so I think they no longer do that.  You might want to email them or one of the other places that sells spinnerbait heads if you want safety-pin heads.

I am like Cadman. I use R bend for bass. I use loop wire for pike, musky, and saltwater. If I want to use a R bend in those situations, I will use small piece of latex tube or a small o-ring on the R bend to keep the line or leader from moving. 

• Like 1