Jrmeef88

Clear coating resin

I’m new to the whole resin world, I’ve been making wooden lures for awhile but I’m ready to start using a master to duplicate my work. I’ve been using true coat for my wooden lures but am wondering if that will work on a painted resin bait?

My shop is in my basement under my front porch, I have a concrete sealing and 4 block walls. I am unable to ventilate my shop and I know that automotive clear is pretty nasty stuff. I was thinking I could buy some aerosol stuff and spray it outside but it’s currently about 15 degrees in western Pennsylvania. 
Anyone have experience using 2 part epoxy clear on a resin bait?

On 1/26/2022 at 6:22 AM, azsouth said:

Welcome to TU, you might want to use the search feature for this question.

by the way I don't know of any top coat that you can apply below freezing.

Yeah, I’m using true coat in my shop.

But I don’t have ventilation in there to use a spray on auto clear.

If you have molded detail in a resin lure that you want to maintain, it's not the perfect option, but KBS sells their Diamond Clear in a spray can. Its pretty tough, and you can put as many coats as you want on there, while still keeping it thin and durable, which will maintain the carved detail.

Braden

Just now, RiverSmallieGuy said:

If you have molded detail in a resin lure that you want to maintain, it's not the perfect option, but KBS sells their Diamond Clear in a spray can. Its pretty tough, and you can put as many coats as you want on there, while still keeping it thin and durable, which will maintain the carved detail.

Braden

Forgot to mention, do not spray this inside your home, spray it outside, unless you have really good ventilation. This keeps your respiratory health safer, than if you were spraying inside without really good ventilation.

Braden

On 2/15/2022 at 10:04 AM, RiverSmallieGuy said:

Forgot to mention, do not spray this inside your home, spray it outside, unless you have really good ventilation. This keeps your respiratory health safer, than if you were spraying inside without really good ventilation.

Braden

Thanks man, this is what I was thinking. The weather is starting to break here so I think I’m gonna try it