RiverSmallieGuy

Glidebait Issue -- Glides without hooks, but doesn't glide with hooks

My thoughts are that I/we would need to see a video of the pre and after action.  I do have some thoughts though.

1) You are on the edge of having too much resistance and adding hooks tipped the balance.

2) The plastisol tail is causing too much drag, and ...... hooks tipped the balance.

I still need to see more to answer with more than a guess.

4 hours ago, RiverSmallieGuy said:

I am going to build a modified version and test it and get it perfect with hooks on. I will post a picture of the finished bait and it's action in the gallery.

Before you go to the trouble of building another bait, take your bait apart and test float each section with the hooks attached.  Your hook location may be tipping one or both of the sections, causing the hinges to bind.  Play around with hook location until each section floats dead level with the hooks attached, and your bait should glide, since it glides without the hooks.

• Like 1

I am already carving the body haha... I will definitely heed that advice for this glider, though. I'll let y'all know how she goes... I spent a long time looking at the Deps 175, S-Waver 168, Roman Mades, Gan Crafts and found that the weight generally sits really low in the bait. I am going to try incorporating that into this bait.

Braden

6 minutes ago, mark poulson said:

Before you go to the trouble of building another bait, take your bait apart and test float each section with the hooks attached.  Your hook location may be tipping one or both of the sections, causing the hinges to bind.  Play around with hook location until each section floats dead level with the hooks attached, and your bait should glide, since it glides without the hooks.