ravenlures

Lure Tester Indoor

I am unsure of how it works, but if you look at the Bull Shad channel on YouTube, he has a huge test tank in his shop, I think it's like a huge fish tank, but I am not 100% sure.

(Is something like that tank what you're looking for? I linked to the video; skip to the very end. You see his tank. I guess you could also use your bathtub, but that isn't ideal at all.)

Braden

Edited by RiverSmallieGuy

RiverSmallieGuy - That looks like the tank that I designed, except mine was 8'x4'. Basically a screwed together frame with plywood panels and angle supports to stop bowing and bursting. The simple tank is then lined with a sheet of polythene.

For mobility when moving location, the framed panels are easily dismantled as they were all dry screwed. I made the tank in two halves that butt up to each other.

It was a great tank, served me well. In the video below, see the first 15s. To the left of the tank you see cover panels. These prevent algae formation.

57 minutes ago, Vodkaman said:

RiverSmallieGuy - That looks like the tank that I designed, except mine was 8'x4'. Basically a screwed together frame with plywood panels and angle supports to stop bowing and bursting. The simple tank is then lined with a sheet of polythene.

For mobility when moving location, the framed panels are easily dismantled as they were all dry screwed. I made the tank in two halves that butt up to each other.

It was a great tank, served me well. In the video below, see the first 15s. To the left of the tank you see cover panels. These prevent algae formation.

Yeah man! Thats a far better tank than what I have seen, not only is it effective, it looks great too! Decent shop you got there, as well. Bigger than my shop.. (which consists of 1 workbench with a large drawer, and 2 smaller drawers, a vise, and a heater...) and it looks good!

Braden

• Thanks 1

What I am looking for is a tabletop for displaying lures, I don't need a tank which I have no room for plus I live on the Menominee River in Wisconsin, there was a tabletop tank where a tube with a window to look at the lure in action. Here is a small one at Bass Pro.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/flymen-fishing-company-fly-tester?ds_e=MICROSOFT&ds_c=Shop|Generic|AllProducts|High|SSCCatchAll&msclkid=cbd29f99e6e21e3e4f99fd8d15fd0f5f&gclid=cbd29f99e6e21e3e4f99fd8d15fd0f5f&gclsrc=3p.ds

I think I can make a bigger one, but if anyone has something like this, I would appreciate some input if any.

I want to use it at shows or flea markets to display some lures, so it must be a tabletop type.

Thanks

Wayne