ravenlures

Glitter

depends on the size of the flake. small, fine flake can be sprayed through a large tip airbrush, but frankly it's messy and i try to avoid it. gets everywhere. and i mean EVERYWHERE. there are glitters, pearls and flakes for mixing in automotive paints, but you do usually need a larger tipped gun for stuff like that. i love the look but don't enjoy painting flakes of any kind.

if you are talking about store bought flakes for soft baits and such, no, it's too large to shoot through normal methods. 

i fiddled with this the other day, i pulled the nozzle out of an old master filled the hopper with dry glitter pulled the trigger and managed to get glitter literally everywhere lol. make sure to put the cap on the bowl. looked like i spent a long night at the club as covered in glitter as i was.

as for getting glitter on the bait, yeah it kind of did that. but not efficient at all. and not controllable. 

Maybe one of those contraptions guys shoot power out of would work?

custom helmet painters and motorcycle guys paint on all of their metal flake. It is mixed with clear base coat and sprayed. so this is totally doable. i'd imagine looking at a few of those videos would get a guy on track. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I use Krylon Glitter Blast rattle cans with good success. Start spraying 1.5-2 feet from the bait to see the coverage and move in as necessary to make the glitter denser.

I have also used FolkArt Extreme Glitter 2796E Hologram which is a brush on glitter on white baits and it ends up looking like the old G-finish lures. I have not tried the other colors in that product line.