Icehockeyplayer

Titanium weed guards

On 2/23/2022 at 7:15 PM, Icehockeyplayer said:

Just poured a bunch of v shaped titanium weed guards on jigs. Came out great. Problem is titanium is so sharp you get stuck a bunch during handling. Is there any kind of dip I can use to dip the ends in.

I have tried everything I know with bad results. Anybody else have this issue? Suggestions please.

Thanks in advance.

Did you make the weedguards yourself?

Allen

If you made them yourself then my first thought was how did you cut them to length? What kind of cutting tool did you use that would leave a sharp edge? can a grind wheel cutter on a dremel or rotary tool work beter ,if at all to cut to length with out the angle bevel, sharp  edge of say a cutting plier, wire cutting plier?  Sorry I have never worked with titanium wire as its properties seem limiting to my lure crafting. ie spinner baits ,wire forming.  Burning the wire may be another side effect of grind cutting which may be undesirable. Just thinking out side the box a little. I thought people ordered titanium pre formed wire frames as bending and memory was an issue. Cutting would also be something to consider .

• Like 1