Deadly Buck

Airbrush cleaning

ive dabbled in all sorts of concoctions but mostly just buy the iwata cleaner in 32oz bottles now. in between colors mostly use reducer to flush. 

i have had some funny reactions between paint and some homebrew solutions so pretty much just stick to the brand name stuff.

• Like 1

Between colors (createx) I have an ice cream pail next to me with hot soapy water and use it to clean my air brushes, just dip a few times and clean. then when I have time I take apart and clean with restorer. As soon as a air brush gives me trouble I give it a good cleaning. No sense fighting with it. So its best to keep it clean, I only use water base paints sticking with createx products.

Wayne

• Like 1

I do not own an airbrush, but I have watched a ton of videos about airbushes. You can generally buy airbrush cleaners from paint companies like Createx or somebody else who sells an airbrush cleaner. What I think could work as well is running some airbrush paint thinner through the brush thoroughly. Those products are also available from Createx I believe as well. Take this with a grain of salt, though, as I do not own an airbrush.

Braden

Edited by RiverSmallieGuy
typo