clemmy

90 Degree Jighead for a Chatter Style Bait?

Hello All,

I was thinking on making some bladed Chatterbait style baits for a trip to Minnesota. I was just wondering if anyone has ever compared the hunting action of a 90 degree jighead vs. a 60 or 30 degree like is normally used? Just wondering what if any action change happens for a given blade setup.

Thanks,

Craig

By 90 degree hook, do you mean the hook eye would come out on the back (top) of the head and that is where the blade will attach?  The blade will be set back from the tip of the nose?

If so, I bought a bladed jig like that. It snags on any piece of vegetation and you can't shake it off. Anything soft gets caught on the top of the head and the hook eye. You can't rip it from the weeds, which can be the best way to trigger bites. The weeds just come with it. Another drawback is that a lot of trailers kill the action. I had to use a low drag trailer. Paddletails kill the blade action. I don't use it anymore. I prefer the blade to be attached at the front like on the typical bladed bait types.

• Thanks 1