Deadly Buck

Bubbles

1 hour ago, Hillbilly voodoo said:

Too thick of a coat or not enough time in between coats will do that

Very true. I have heard about people having issues like that with KBS. Stuff like that is the #1 reason why I don't use it. KBS Diamond Clear is very, very finicky. If you use it wrong, it goes bad. If you apply it wrong, it'll get bubbles. If you do something to it on accident it may yellow. The stuff is incredibly durable, though. I would go with a spray on clear coat or just an epoxy clear coat. You can get epoxies such as D2T (Devcon 2 Ton), BSI 30 minute, or True Coat epoxies for a lot less than the $40-$50 KBS Diamond Finish (which doesn't come with much) and it's a lot more durable, a lot easier to use, and is way better looking in the end. To use 30 minute epoxies, though, you would need a lure turner such as a rotisserie or something similar.

Just now, RiverSmallieGuy said:

Very true. I have heard about people having issues like that with KBS. Stuff like that is the #1 reason why I don't use it. KBS Diamond Clear is very, very finicky. If you use it wrong, it goes bad. If you apply it wrong, it'll get bubbles. If you do something to it on accident it may yellow. The stuff is incredibly durable, though. I would go with a spray on clear coat or just an epoxy clear coat. You can get epoxies such as D2T (Devcon 2 Ton), BSI 30 minute, or True Coat epoxies for a lot less than the $40-$50 KBS Diamond Finish (which doesn't come with much) and it's a lot more durable, a lot easier to use, and is way better looking in the end. To use 30 minute epoxies, though, you would need a lure turner such as a rotisserie or something similar.

Forgot to mention, with the KBS Diamond Clear, you actually waste a lot of it. It is a gel, so a lot of it drips off. And you can't keep the jar/can open underneath the lure while it cures or it will go bad. So if you're paying that much for a clear coat, make it as good as you can with epoxies or spray ons.

1 hour ago, RiverSmallieGuy said:

All clear coats have their quirks but once you figure them out things go smooth 

I used ETex epoxy originally but after a $500 lure order went to crap after a power outage that stopped my lure turner I went to KBS

Personally there is UV coats I have been interested in but they are not available in Canada 

Forgot to mention, with the KBS Diamond Clear, you actually waste a lot of it. It is a gel, so a lot of it drips off. And you can't keep the jar/can open underneath the lure while it cures or it will go bad. So if you're paying that much for a clear coat, make it as good as you can with epoxies or spray ons.

I waste very little KBS but I brush it on not dip or spray 

7 minutes ago, Hillbilly voodoo said:

All clear coats have their quirks but once you figure them out things go smooth 

I used ETex epoxy originally but after a $500 lure order went to crap after a power outage that stopped my lure turner I went to KBS

Personally there is UV coats I have been interested in but they are not available in Canada 

You could send me the money to purchase it for you and you could give me your address or something and I could mail it to you. I don't know if that'd work, but I thought I would offer.

You could send me the money to purchase it for you and you could give me your address or something and I could mail it to you. I don't know if that'd work, but I thought I would offer.

Thanks for the offer but I try to be self sufficient so I can only blame myself if things go wrong lol

I had this problem around the eyes. I super glued the eyes and when I used too much it bubbles around the eyes, now I use very little glue just a tiny drop will do, but it would happen right away not weeks later. I am using 3D eyes. It seems to work for me. It seems that something is not curing right.

Wayne