Curt - NC

2022 Lure Contest Starting April 1st!

9 minutes ago, Hillbilly voodoo said:

It would be nice to see some of the talented people stick around and contribute to the forum. 

Odds are they will disappear after till next year 

Yeah, not surprised at all. They just want the LPO money I am guessing. There are some crazy talented people on here though.

• Like 1

Every year I get majorly irritated by the contestants that don't read the simple rules. So, this year I decided NOT to read the rules to remind me of the infringements. The ploy has not worked, I am Pd off as much as I ever was.

I have entered photography contests many times. The first thing I do is read through the rules at least three times to be sure of the requirements.

What is wrong with these people!

Dave

8 hours ago, Vodkaman said:

Dave

They don't really care.  You need to think of it more like a raffle ticket or dropping a business card into a bowl at a restaurant.  Really no intention of winning but nothing really to lose.  

2 hours ago, Travis said:

They don't really care.  You need to think of it more like a raffle ticket or dropping a business card into a bowl at a restaurant.  Really no intention of winning but nothing really to lose.  

11 hours ago, Vodkaman said:

Every year I get majorly irritated by the contestants that don't read the simple rules. So, this year I decided NOT to read the rules to remind me of the infringements. The ploy has not worked, I am Pd off as much as I ever was.

I have entered photography contests many times. The first thing I do is read through the rules at least three times to be sure of the requirements.

Dave

They are just signed up for the free LPO money that they could win. Curt - NC should enforce the rule by disqualifying anybody who posts multiple images of their lure, I know, harsh, but thats what I think.

Edited by RiverSmallieGuy

23 minutes ago, RiverSmallieGuy said:

Kinda sad. On the soft plastic lure category, there are 46 entries and 26 different competitors. Do I need to say more?

Nothing new 

I do feel like I am slacking only entering one lure in each of the 4 categories I entered 

But I have not entered the soft plastic category yet and I just got all the supplies 4days ago. Maybe I will go shoot my first 20 injection lures and enter them all 

You know just so I can be one of the cool kids B)

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Hillbilly voodoo said:

Nothing new 

I do feel like I am slacking only entering one lure in each of the 4 categories I entered 

But I have not entered the soft plastic category yet and I just got all the supplies 4days ago. Maybe I will go shoot my first 20 injection lures and enter them all 

You know just so I can be one of the cool kids B)

Haha, not a bad idea! One of the cool kids that wont post until 2023...

Edited by RiverSmallieGuy

On 4/1/2022 at 11:51 AM, Curt - NC said:

The galleries are ready to roll. Feel free to start uploading your entries at 12 Noon eastern time today!

Oh, and please, please, please DO NOT upload more than one photo per entry.

If you wish to show multiple angles of your entry, please create a collage and upload that one photo. But do not upload multiple images!

Miserable failure so far of this rule.

Allen

11 minutes ago, Terry Morgan said:

Not saying I'm talented but I'd love to stick around and help where i could and learn at the same time.  it's just a different format for me to adjust and get used to.  been off and on just trying to figure it out..

I hope you do stick around, I look forward to reading new ideas.

Basically, the gallery is for showing off your work with photos. The forums are for questions and instruction. Photos only permitted if they contribute to the subject under discussion.

Dave

• Like 1