barberfisherman88

Disassemble, repair, repaint Pflueger Globe bait

The easy way is to just cut the wire and go from there. If you don't want to do that then tape and sand a little on the tail section and paint. Like I said just cut the wire and take it apart and sand then reprime, and paint then finish with a clear coat.

Wayne

i ended up just cutting it last night and sanding everything down.  I am brand new to this so im learning as I go.  If i am reading correctly I need to use a through-wire, right?  I looked through these forums a bit trying to figure everything out, but I need to be coached on this first project here.  Where do I go to get all the hardware I need to rebuild this thing?

the hardened .062 bucktail wire will work fine in there. 

If you are looking to make it close to original you can get the hook hangers. Otherwise on new ones i drill to the middle and use a swivel for the hook hanger. 

If you need i can show you more detailed picture later but here you can get the idea

another thing you will want to do if fishing it is to back off those blade screws a bit so the blade is loose so it will "chirp". This chirp is why they were often called bird lures

X Globe (Copy) (2).jpg

Edited by Outlaw4
  • Like 1

If the line tie is a screw eye, I don't really know what to tell you other than dissassemble the rear hook hanger and take the bait apart that way. If it is through wire like I think it is, you could take the 2 body pieces off and slide the prop off as well. You will have to reassemble the bait and maybe make new hardware for it.