aulrich

What type of bait is this Minnow, jerk or both

Bought this body years ago from wlure mostly as a joke since at that point I thought it was comically huge.  As it turns out this body ended up being one of my most productive lures I never saw the body for sale again. So out of curiosity is it a minnow bait or a jerk bait.Wlure170.thumb.jpg.7934ae6b148d975a27a4b08f4f4d614b.jpg

That's for next weekend. Springtime and a lure got me my PB 24" Brown. This time of year to runoff is my favorite time to fish the bow. But I have not fished it much since getting a hunting dog.  Training then just walking the dog took the place of hitting the river after work, FYI  it was worth the trade :)

This week I will be busy painting, but I keep getting side tracked with ideas I fought Fusion till 1am and still had to adjust after the first print. This lipless was from a thread in 2016 A guy was looking for a discontinued lure, I liked the profile and and it has been spinning around my head since then. All I had was a crappy picture so I expect that other than profile it's nothing like the original.

lipless.thumb.jpg.332086767d6f710dee7b62618bcfc32f.jpg

I did float test some of the bodies I have made, Ironically I am out of big hooks so that was all I could do. But the 4" version of the minnow might be a happy accident, with paint hooks and clear coat it may end up near neutral. So I Think I had accidentally made a jerkbait :).  Hopefully I did not delete the GCode for that print.

You are going to have a fair number of 3D printed lures to test by the time you get out there. I suck with computers so likely will never get into 3D printing but find it interesting 

When I lived in Calgary and Canmore I fished the bow a lot with both gear and fly. Caught lots of big browns out of that river. My PB was a 29inch brown caught below the bearspaw dam in bowness. I caught in on a 1 1/2 once in line spinner I made to swinging in deep fast water. From what I hear access is now restricted there

I am curious on how you progress with these 3D lure and hope to hear your results