BIG97BEN

Hello from Virginia

Hello all. I am new to the forum, and I found this from ordering blanks to paint. I grew up fishing with my dad in the Outer Banks, and got into freshwater fishing a few years ago with my son on a Father’s Day trip. Fast forward to this Christmas and my son (7) wanted to paint some lures for his granddads (and me). We got hooked, and before January first had everything we’d need to start airbrushing baits on its way. Since I am disabled from a back injury, painting baits has been a fun way for us to keep close to the fishing hobby even when I am unable to actually go out and fish, plus we both really enjoy the creative side of it. I look forward to going through all the galleries here, and learning more about the technical side of painting to improve my artwork. 
Ben

On 4/29/2022 at 9:45 AM, BIG97BEN said:

Hello all. I am new to the forum, and I found this from ordering blanks to paint. I grew up fishing with my dad in the Outer Banks, and got into freshwater fishing a few years ago with my son on a Father’s Day trip. Fast forward to this Christmas and my son (7) wanted to paint some lures for his granddads (and me). We got hooked, and before January first had everything we’d need to start airbrushing baits on its way. Since I am disabled from a back injury, painting baits has been a fun way for us to keep close to the fishing hobby even when I am unable to actually go out and fish, plus we both really enjoy the creative side of it. I look forward to going through all the galleries here, and learning more about the technical side of painting to improve my artwork. 
Ben

Welcome!