Jonah

Shelf’s lures

I would avoid China had an order and had to get my money back after 3 months of emails. I ordered from Amazon and had the same product in 3 days.

Let's all stick to USA products I know it is hard too, but we must try I don't want to get political so I will stop at this point. Everything I pick up is almost all from China. I understand that this is the Delima this country is in, we just have to do are best I know it sometimes comes down to cost and we don't even know we are buying a product from China. :twocents:

Wayne

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Why don't we list the American suppliers? are they buying from overseas? I would be the first to stand in line waving the flag but I am hesitant to do this for companies/people I don't know. I am just curious if there are any US manufactured baits left?

• Like 1

Yes, there are some manufactures, but buying from a supplier that resells lures from China is better that from directly buying from China as most of the money is staying here for the smaller supplier. It is hard to find a supplier in the USA. You could consider making them yourself, I myself like to do business with Cedar Run Outdoors lots to choose from and always with fast shipping.

Wayne

1 hour ago, ravenlures said:

Yes, there are some manufactures, but buying from a supplier that resells lures from China is better that from directly buying from China as most of the money is staying here for the smaller supplier. It is hard to find a supplier in the USA. You could consider making them yourself, I myself like to do business with Cedar Run Outdoors lots to choose from and always with fast shipping.

Wayne

How is buying Chinese lures from a US distributor better than buying direct from China? Why are we not naming our local US manufactures over a middleman like Cedar Run Outdoors. I tend to ask direct questions and rarely get direct answers.

I have personally bought from just about everyone that sells blanks, the only supplier that is a stand out for me is Dinger Custom Baits, higher price that comes with higher quality blanks. For me the rest of the suppliers are just there as a middleman and have done nothing to better the product or pull poor quality blanks.

So why pay the middleman if that is all he is?

I'll stick with the middleman in the USA rather than deal with China just a better chance of getting the product. Cedar Run has delivered to me a product a lot faster than China. Also yes, some out of 100 there are some you have to just discard, 2 or 3. And yes Dinger Baits is top quality, you pay for what you get. I'm done.

Wayne

• Like 1

My order from Shelts was delivered yesterday. I got no confirmation or tracking emails. Apparently the internet and shipping aren’t locked down, but wired that they didn’t reply to my emails. Also, even though it took 17-20 days to get delivered, the return address was in Southern California