Stillwell

Ozark Trail baits

Does anyone know who manufactures the soft plastic baits for Ozark Trail (Walmart)? I see the package says “made in the USA”. I haven’t heard anything about Southern Plastics making them. Ozark’s are so much lower than the rest of the companies that use Southern Plastics it just seems strange it would be them. Just curious. Appreciate any info. Thanks. 

43 minutes ago, Stillwell said:

.......... (Walmart)? ............much lower than the rest of the companies that use Southern Plastics it just seems strange it would be them. 

Not sure who makes them but I think you are failing to appreciate the shear volume of product Wal Mart and similar stores move.  Not many companies that aren't going to cut a deal to get that contract as simply they will never see those sells through mom and pop stores.  Even large companies will meet the price to get into the stores (becoming less important however).  

• Like 2

Yep there's not a thing wrong with Ozark Trail baits. Just like any other brand of baits they all have some good ones & they all have some that may not be as good as the next  but all brands have some that will catch fish. We use to use a bait that actually got us made fun of by some guys  saying we were crappie fishing. Well guess what after winning   1st & big fish the next 6 times straight they didn't make so much fun of us again. I really  enjoyed when they asked what we caught them on & laughing when telling them &  they thought i was lying to them. A shame it wasn't a big name brand or color anybody thought would catch fish.   :D 

Edited by Les Young
  • Haha 4