BigFish1973

Clear coat

Bottom line you have to keep it under dry conditions.   Displace head space with bloxegen for example, tap the can method, open and transfer in low humidity environments, storing unused portion in dry condition, etc...

https://www.kbs-coatings.com/kbs-paint-saver.html

I haven't used in KBS in some time but when I did I have the ability to open and transfer contents in very dry conditions at work.  While not feasible for guys at home you can still work in a small room (laundry room) and run a dehumidifier and probably get down to 15% RH or so.

I thinned my KBS at 10% using their thinner. I am still using my quart bought over a year ago and have no problems in the jar I am using, which is a wide mouth. I do use Bloxygen each time I open and close my jar. I dip my 6" and smaller lures and on my musky lures I use Etex Lite either brushed on or poured on depending on size of lure. The KBS I just let them drip with wire for run off. The jar I use is glass and I use Petroleum Jelly on the lid after thinning and stirring the thinner, I let it stand for two days to let all the bubbles be removed. Always watch when dipping you don't touch the jar with your lure, so no Vaseline gets on the lure. My musky lures go on a lure turner getting two coats of the epoxy, and dip twice on the small lures.

Wayne

• Like 1

Bigfish

just use Bloxygen  and you should not have problems. I do not let my lures drip in the jar when dipping.

When done dipping I let my lure run into the KBS with a little to drip outside the jar, not sure if it really does anything just that's the way I do it.

Wayne

4 hours ago, ravenlures said:

Bigfish

just use Bloxygen  and you should not have problems. I do not let my lures drip in the jar when dipping.

When done dipping I let my lure run into the KBS with a little to drip outside the jar, not sure if it really does anything just that's the way I do it.

Wayne

Ok yeah I bought a can of Bloxygen, I'm gonna kbs in jar and use thick plastic wrap under lid. I will spray bloxygen in it everytime I go to seal it up. Hope that works.

Also how do you know when bloxygen is empty since can already feels empty? I know this probably sounds like a dumb question 

11 minutes ago, ravenlures said:

no that's a good question when nothing comes out, that's the best answer I can give you. sometimes I wonder myself when empty.

wayne

So what comes out cause isn't it pretty much a gas anyway? It seems like it would feel like air regardless