chachybaby

Do it Poison tail swing tail mold

If you are referring to not using the Mustad #91768, then yes. The hook that will fit in there is Mustad #32886 round bend or EC L3886. I believe the L32886 is slightly thinner, but not by much to make a difference. I do not believe there were any mods needed to the mold . Maybe the eyelet, but not sure as I am at work.

I could be wrong, but I tried the hooks I have and none fit.  To get then to fit, you would have to modify the hook eye post.  The form eyes are thicker than hook eyes (or at least all the ones I have).  As an alternative "form" you can use the underspin forms DO IT sells (WEY-375).  This puts the true hook eye in the middle of the lead vs a swing head.  That Guy Skimpy has a few videos on YouTube showing this.  This setup works great for bladed jigs.  

Hope it helps.

Edited by Anyfish
#

I'm sure you could.  For me the underspin forms work for no swing and the regular forms for swing and I didnt have to modify anything.  Neither would have a weedguard if that matters.  I have the non swing mold too, which is also a nice mold.  Just depends on what your after.