Larry TN

Shimmy look on swimbaits

3.5 up to 6 inch paddle tail swim baits cnc aluminum molds from BTS. I know how to inject swimbait molds but I’m wanting to graduate to air  brushing swim baits and have them look a little transparent and have that shinny / shimmy look . I’ll take any advice/suggestions on this and the product names to use etc…

5 hours ago, Chris Catignani said:

What mold is it?

3.5 up to 6 inch paddle tail swimbaits molds from BTS. Wanting to graduate to a more transparent swim bait look with a shinny/ shimmy look. Thinking about doing that by learning how to air brush. I’ll take any advice/suggestions you have and any product names you may suggest. Thanks

Looking at the pic, I would say that bait was shot with a Pearl powder in the plastic or possible laminate with smoke on top. Purple was brushed on then the eyes were put on then clear dipped with that large black flake in the clear. Look closely just in front of the tail and you can see where the clear dip ends. 

Edited by Apdriver
  • Like 1

Here’s the hilites. They can be added right in your plastisol or brushed on and clear dipped.

https://www.lurepartsonline.com/6833-LureCraft-Super-Hi-Lite-Pigment?quantity=1&custcol_beads_eyes_paint_size=564&custcol_beads_eyes_paint_color=1788

And if you really want to kick it up a notch, try some of these color shift powders. Shazam!!!

https://didspade.com/collections/colorshift-pearls

Edited by Apdriver
  • Like 1