Painter1

The Business

I got into this hobby and really went whole hog.  Eventually it led to a jig company - 5 fish lures - with some Ozark area pros involvement.  

I’m now considering adding soft plastic baits to what we offer our stores in the area.  While I refuse to be making baits when I could be fishing, it’s possible for me to make a bunch in the winter.  I’m seeing bait shop plastic selling at about $.50 per piece.  I estimate being able to produce at 10 to 12 cents each, not including labor.  I don’t include it because I like doing it.

Some of you have been suppliers. I would welcome your thoughts 

15 hours ago, hpssports said:

It may cost less to just buy trailers wholesale in bulk than making them. 

This is a true statement.

The only issue you mite have is getting the colors to match your skirts like you want . 

I would check this idea out 1st. to see what the prices would be and what colors you can get .  

i think you could make that work. in my jig buying days if i could have bought a hack attack jig with 3 included chigger craws id have been all for that. 

obviously lots of trailers for lots of situations but in whole getting a trailer designed for a jig seems like a good idea 

You've really turned your hobby into a successful business venture - that's awesome! Adding soft plastic baits to your offerings is a smart move, especially if you can produce them at a lower cost than what's currently available.
Speaking of business opportunities, have you ever considered the benefits of a franchise business? With a franchise, you can leverage an established brand and business model while maintaining independence and control.
Of course, running a franchise comes with its own challenges and responsibilities. But if you're looking to take your business to the next level, it's definitely worth considering.

Edited by LauMercury

From what you've mentioned, it seems like you can produce the baits at a much lower cost compared to the bait shop prices. That's definitely a plus. I'm sure many fellow anglers here have experience as suppliers and can provide valuable insights. Btw, have you already got a 409a evaluation? Just curioius.

Edited by BarrettCole