roweman07

Spiraling lipless crankbait WTh!?

I have no idea what I did wrong but this thing just wants to spend One direction or the other. I no longer know for sure how much weight I put in the bottom but it was somewhere between two and four size three split shots, I think. It sinks nose first but hangs tail down out of water. Not really hoping to fix this one but any kind of inside of what I may have done wrong would be great. I did try adjusting the line tie. Not really hoping to fix this one but any kind of inside of what I may have done wrong would be great. I did try adjusting the line tie. Pictures for size and shape references.

20220918_204735.jpg

20220918_204920.jpg

Their needs to be a flat between the nose and the tow eye.

As I see it, with the rounded shape, a weak vortex is created at the start and sets the lure in motion to one side. BUT, when the next vortex on the other side is formed, it is too weak to change the direction to make the wiggle, and so the lure spirals.

A flat, as described above will increase the vortex strength and allow the required change in direction.

To test out this hypothesis, a thin plastic flat can be soft glued as described and the edges filled with soft modeling clay or even hot glue might work. Google 'lipless cranks' and note the nose flat.

Dave

• Like 1