Arne

Howdy from Nebraska

Been lurking here since the end of last winter.  Thought I ought to sign up.  Probably wont post a lot, but am on quite a bit reading and learning.  For some reason towards the end of the winter last year got a hankerin to try and start painting lures.  Can't remember for sure but might of been because I found this site.  Anyway bought an airbrush, some paints and blank lures.  Ice finally went out and first cast with a painted lure caught a largemouth.  Wasnt big, but kept catching that day.  That said my lures passed the judges test.  Havn't been painting lately, winter coming and will be stuck inside.  Start the wood stove and paint away.  Took a few of the lures to the county fair and came away with a purple ribbon.  Made me feel kinda warm and fuzzy.  Anyway, glad to be here. Appreciate all the help you folks have given to me.  Arne.

thanks for the welcome.  Been at Glen Elder since Wed.   They have lowered the water to work on the dam, but if you can find them the white bass are cooperating.  Had a good couple days.  Took the grandson out and we caught a bunch of whites.  Today, Kathy counted 51 fish in 2 and a half hours.  Two nice wipers and the rest white bass.  Kept a few for eating, the rest are still swimmin.  Hate to see winter coming although will be time to make some more lures then.  Arne.

12 hours ago, Arne said:

thanks for the welcome.  Been at Glen Elder since Wed.   They have lowered the water to work on the dam, but if you can find them the white bass are cooperating.  Had a good couple days.  Took the grandson out and we caught a bunch of whites.  Today, Kathy counted 51 fish in 2 and a half hours.  Two nice wipers and the rest white bass.  Kept a few for eating, the rest are still swimmin.  Hate to see winter coming although will be time to make some more lures then.  Arne.

I have only fished for White Bass a couple times because we just don't have many here in California, but man what a blast catching them!  We have a ton of Spotted Bass and they FIGHT, but whites just might beat 'em! 

Just got back again.  They forcast decent weather the last week, told my bride I was heading back.  Fishing was great, lots of catchin not just fishing.  Started using tail spins, they work great for the white bass.  First couple days they were in groups, Thurs found the groups but a couple of fish and they would move.  Find them again and after a couple of fish they would move.  Still great fun and caught quite a few.  lArne.

• Like 1