Da_linx

Vaccum pot vs mixing pot

Hello!!!

I am a home based bait maker…

I have been working with microwave oven so far but now I want to upgrade my set up a little…

I am looking for bubble free baits, avoiding yellowing and a time saving system… in this order of preference 

So I have to choose between a vacuum chamber or a mixing melting pot…

I know vacuum chamber will help me with the micro bubbles with no help with yellowing and time saving and the melting pot is a good way to avoid yellowing and improving work times…

The question is “how the mixing melting pot” would help me with the bubbles…

While bubbles are my capital problem… which system do you recommend to go with???

Thank you so much!!!

And sorry for my language… I am from Spain and I try to do my best!

yellowing can be mitigated by using a heat stabilizer, not sure if the plastic you have available has it added form the supplier, but it can help! if bubbles are your main problem i would get a vac chamber to start, it helps immensely. as for time saving, using larger amounts in the microwave can help keep it hotter longer, but there will still be reheating required, but it can work until you get the presto pot.

• Thanks 1

On 9/28/2022 at 3:55 AM, Da_linx said:

Hello!!!

I am a home based bait maker…

I have been working with microwave oven so far but now I want to upgrade my set up a little…

I am looking for bubble free baits, avoiding yellowing and a time saving system… in this order of preference 

So I have to choose between a vacuum chamber or a mixing melting pot…

I know vacuum chamber will help me with the micro bubbles with no help with yellowing and time saving and the melting pot is a good way to avoid yellowing and improving work times…

The question is “how the mixing melting pot” would help me with the bubbles…

While bubbles are my capital problem… which system do you recommend to go with???

Thank you so much!!!

And sorry for my language… I am from Spain and I try to do my best!

Have you made a decision on what to buy ? 

• Like 1

Thank you all!!!

My plastisol has heat stabilizer and I have used more to add to the reheatings… but I didn’t feel it helped much… anyway, I can keep yellowing under some control slowing down the reheats and adding raw plastisol…

I am visiting the US so I planned to take the presto back with me in the baggage, but I will finally go with the vacuum chamber, specially due to the power supply we have in my country (230v and 50hz), because you can’t find presto pots out the US…

So I will go with the chamber while I figure out how to build a similar system with european stuff!

Thank you again for your help!!!!!

One question, fellas!

I am still thinking in that presto pot/stirrer system with european power supply… so I am looking for alternatives.

I am thinking in the following set up:

A hot plate (like a induction plate and such) with a sauce pan or a small pot and stirrer system on it.

Do you think this will work or I need something that heats all the surface of the pot, not only the bottom? I don’t really know how a presto pot works…

Thank you in advance to everybody!

2 hours ago, Apdriver said:

A presto pot is a tall pot with a built in heating element in the bottom with a thermostat. The sides aren’t heated. The only problem Would probably be the stability of it.

Thank you so much!!!!

Stability is something I can fix.

Nicccccce!!!!!

:D