BuckeyeFishing

1/16" Teflon pins for weedless ball jig mold?

You can use 1/16 drill bits for pouring. When you are going  to powder paint, stick in small 1/16" copper wire in the weedguard holes, once powder is applied immediately take out the copper wire, and hang jig on rack for baking. Copper wire can be re-used over and over. Once you are done with all your painting, put all jigs in oven, bake ,let cool and then epoxy or glue in weedguards. This is the easiest and cleanest process in my opinion. If you have more questions PM me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BuckeyeFishing said:

Does anyone sell them? If not, what are some alternatives to keep powder paint off the weed guard and not to melt them. I bought this mold for spring crappie fishing and didnt give a lot of thought to powder painting and baking them with a weed guard on. 

PTFE Wire | Contenti

Here it is you just need to cut it to length.

Allen

• Like 1

Glad to hear you found what you need. For the reference of anyone else who may stumble across this, I use a 1/16" drill bit for this and it works perfectly fine. I've made a couple hundred jigs like this without incident.

With that said, there's a good chance I'll buy some of that Teflon rod and give it a shot. That's good stuff!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Jig Is Up said:

Glad to hear you found what you need. For the reference of anyone else who may stumble across this, I use a 1/16" drill bit for this and it works perfectly fine. I've made a couple hundred jigs like this without incident.

With that said, there's a good chance I'll buy some of that Teflon rod and give it a shot. That's good stuff!

Powder paint does not stick to Teflon which is why it is best for painting. My process for painting any hand pour jigs is to pour with a metal base pin, then wobble said base pin around in the head to create a funnel pattern. Then i use the teflon pins for powder painting.

Allen

• Like 1