Jason Diddle

Coating jigs

I know this is not new. But things are always changing. Thoughts on best jig clear or top coat. I’ve heard and seen everything from Sally Hensens nail polish, to KBS, epoxy mix, etc….

I bake my paint on but have seen a lot of people using a clear or top coat on their jigs to make sure to keep the eyes on their jigs. So…. I am asking those who have used different types of coatings for their opinions and what they use?

• Like 1

I've been using KBS clear spray. Just actually did another batch for a guy last night. Do It freestyle jig with flat glow eye stickers. So far been able to wear hooks out before any eyes fall off.

If i was doing 3D eyes i might dip them. But you can see the clear sealed around the eyes

jig 3.jpg

Edited by Outlaw4
update information
  • Like 3

I've been using clear cement sealer for years. It's glossy hard as kbs ,the only problem is you have to buy a gallon but I've been using the same stuff for 5 yrs cheaper in the long run pour in quart jar use it out of jar. This isn't standard what people are lead to use but works 

On 11/7/2022 at 7:13 AM, tukta said:

I've been using clear cement sealer for years. It's glossy hard as kbs ,the only problem is you have to buy a gallon but I've been using the same stuff for 5 yrs cheaper in the long run pour in quart jar use it out of jar. This isn't standard what people are lead to use but works 

The cement sealer I used a few years back reacted with soft plastics, and got soft if I left it on wet boat carpet overnight.  Once it dried out it was hard again.