rustedhook

Old Strike King spinnerbait

Here is a pic of what I think you are looking for -the Strike King Spin Dance Short Arm. There may have different models and the one with the weed guard was called the 'Drop Model'. They also had a similar bait (or just a renamed version) called The Short Arm Spinnerbait. Those baits were around in the 1990s.

There is also the Jig-N-Spin which is a jig with a blade on a flexible wire.

Retrobassin has a video on the 1991 Bass Pro Shops master catalog. The Short Arm Spinner bait can be see from 6:29 to 7:29 at the bottom right corner of the left page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilucla7gwBs

Unfortunately, I threw out my old catalogs a while back.

I hope this helps.

Jim

Sk Spin dance short arm.jpg

sk jig-n-spin2.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Les Young said:

Simply put the  jignspin is nothing more than a  jig with a jig spinner attached. I've done that a lot of times in summer on bright moonlit nights for smallmouth. They'll thump it

Yep. Used them years ago. Used to flip them around standing temper. Made a mold and wanted to see wire length and angle.

They look nice.

I am not sure if I am seeing the swivel correctly in your pics. You may want to put the swivel the other way especially if you will do any bottom hopping with those baits.  I usually put the rotating end of the swivel towards the back to reduce the dirt and lake snot the can get into the swivel and shorten its life span. The non-rotating fixed end of the swivel will be in the front and they is no way particles can get into that side.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JD_mudbug said:

They look nice.

I am not sure if I am seeing the swivel correctly in your pics. You may want to put the swivel the other way especially if you will do any bottom hopping with those baits.  I usually put the rotating end of the swivel towards the back to reduce the dirt and lake snot the can get into the swivel and shorten its life span. The non-rotating fixed end of the swivel will be in the front and they is no way particles can get into that side.

Thanks for pointing that out. Makes sense. May even make the blade start quicker. 

• Like 1