RewindShot

Zoom junebug red lizard

hey so im waiting on my angling ai 6" lizard mold and green and red square flake to come in the mail anyone got recommendations on the best blend of plastisol for 6" lizard to copy a zoom lizard and a good color match for zoom junebug red as mentioned on here before zooms junebug red is more of a deep purple on the appendages so does anyone have a solid color match formula for zooms junebug red to start off with

4-mini-lizard-005-005-junebug.thumb.jpg.48b1bbeabfde930cb7d3848e22b76a24.jpg

8-magnum-lizard-033-177-junebug-red.thumb.jpg.c6e20919ac802b9db319ced5fa4482da.jpg

I've tried several different junebug colorants & then ended up doing as Al said & started using lurecraft black grape. It makes a nice junebug color. Make regular junebug with kelly green glitter & add a little red until you're happy.  You can also look up top in the stickys & find some recipes. I don't have my recipe book near me or i'd tell you mine but it's a easy color to make. A good example would be 4 ounces plastic, 18 or so drops colorant & see if it looks dark enough, 1/4 tea spoon .040 kelly green glittler & 1/8 tea spoon red glitter. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Les Young said:

I've tried several different junebug colorants & then ended up doing as Al said & started using lurecraft black grape. It makes a nice junebug color. Make regular junebug with kelly green glitter & add a little red until you're happy.  You can also look up top in the stickys & find some recipes. I don't have my recipe book near me or i'd tell you mine but it's a easy color to make. A good example would be 4 ounces plastic, 18 or so drops colorant & see if it looks dark enough, 1/4 tea spoon .040 kelly green glittler & 1/8 tea spoon red glitter. 

thank you i have lureworks black grape ill try that first and if im not happy with it ill try lurecrafts also what blend should i use to get that zoom lizard stretch 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alsworms said:

I think any medium formula would work.  Zoom lizards are fairly tough. 

Yep. I use baitplastics medium formula for everything & if needed to be firmer i add some of their hard to it.  As far as other good colorants lureworks junebug colorants are very nice ones too.

Edited by Les Young
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Bass-Boys said:

For some reason June is one of my toughest colors to do.

Too much heat and it gets a brown hue.

I used lureworks violet 193 when i first started & thought something was wrong because my junebug came out a bright red color.  I called Leonard ay baitjunkys because i was using the calhouns plastisol that he sold & thought something was wrong with the plastisol. lol He  said it was the violet in it & that i was getting it to hot & to call him back the next day because it would be junebug then & it was. :D 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Les Young said:

I used lureworks violet 193 when i first started & thought something was wrong because my junebug came out a bright red color.  I called Leonard ay baitjunkys because i was using the calhouns plastisol that he sold & thought something was wrong with the plastisol. lol He  said it was the violet in it & that i was getting it to hot & to call him back the next day because it would be junebug then & it was. :D 

Yeah I was kind of surprised by the burning.  I've never really had a problem with LC's black grape. 

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 8:41 PM, Les Young said:

Violet 193 is somewhat thermochromatic, meaning it takes on a pink hue when hot and stays that way for a bit before going back to its purple hue. It also can manifest a brown surface tone when loaded at higher levels, this is known as "bronzing" and isnt necessarily an indication that it got too hot or is burnt. 

11 hours ago, McLuvin175 said:

Violet 193 is somewhat thermochromatic, meaning it takes on a pink hue when hot and stays that way for a bit before going back to its purple hue. It also can manifest a brown surface tone when loaded at higher levels, this is known as "bronzing" and isnt necessarily an indication that it got too hot or is burnt. 

Josh after Leonard told me that i backed the heat cycle off a few seconds & have never had it happen again. :yay:

• Like 2

On 12/7/2022 at 6:20 PM, Les Young said:

if your able to share that recipe you have for zoom jbr that would help alot using lurecraft black grape I can't get the legs dark/florescent enough

Add  a little more colorant to make it darker because the thin parts will be a lot lighter if they're thin enough because of light passing through.. Sorry just saw this & i'm in the house for the night & my recipe book  is in the garage where i make my baits. 

Edited by Les Young

I was told that zooms junebug was a mixture of red & blue only. Lureworks florida grape would be close i'd say but you can definitely  make a good one with the black grape you have too. Zoom also has quite a bit of salt in them too which  washes the color  & keeps it from being transparent. 

14 hours ago, Les Young said:

Add  a little more colorant to make it darker because the thin parts will be a lot lighter if they're thin enough because of light passing through.. Sorry just saw this & i'm in the house for the night & my recipe book  is in the garage where i make my baits. 

Agreed.  More until it's right

12 hours ago, Go55 said:

How about simply use LureWorks 201 Junebug?

Wasn't available when I poured, so I'd definitely try that! 

18 hours ago, Les Young said:

I was told that zooms junebug was a mixture of red & blue only. Lureworks florida grape would be close i'd say but you can definitely  make a good one with the black grape you have too. Zoom also has quite a bit of salt in them too which  washes the color  & keeps it from being transparent. 

I've tried about a tbsp of salt I don't remember any effects because I was told before zoom barley uses any but ill try more salt

18 hours ago, Les Young said:

I've also tried making it darker but it was to a point to where it was too dark