TCBtacklebox

The current state of fishing youtube.

Hi there, folks! Today I wanted to talk about modern fishing youtubers and how they can sorta be problematic at times. I don't wanna come off as mean or hateful but I just can't really watch the majority of popular fishing youtubers. 

One of the good ones though is NDYakAngler, people say he's like the Bob Ross of fishing and I'd have to agree with that. When I was growing up I loved watching calm and wise anglers who had shows on outdoors TV channels or channels that had outdoor shows sometimes. Now when I watch fishing on youtube, a lot of them are goofy younger guys who scream/shout a lot even when they get the smallest bite.

I'm all for being excited about fishing but with some people (not all) it's just too much. I also don't like how a lot of guys on youtube will just throw the fish back into the water at chest height instead of simply bending down and gently placing the fish in the water. I'm not really a tree hugging kind of guy but the fish deserve a little bit of respect, right? 

Of course, not all younger folks are like that. I'm sure there's plenty of respectful young people who enjoy making fishing videos, though.

On 2/2/2023 at 7:26 AM, TCBtacklebox said:

Hi there, folks! Today I wanted to talk about modern fishing youtubers and how they can sorta be problematic at times. I don't wanna come off as mean or hateful but I just can't really watch the majority of popular fishing youtubers. 

One of the good ones though is NDYakAngler, people say he's like the Bob Ross of fishing and I'd have to agree with that. When I was growing up I loved watching calm and wise anglers who had shows on outdoors TV channels or channels that had outdoor shows sometimes. Now when I watch fishing on youtube, a lot of them are goofy younger guys who scream/shout a lot even when they get the smallest bite.

I'm all for being excited about fishing but with some people (not all) it's just too much. I also don't like how a lot of guys on youtube will just throw the fish back into the water at chest height instead of simply bending down and gently placing the fish in the water. I'm not really a tree hugging kind of guy but the fish deserve a little bit of respect, right? 

Of course, not all younger folks are like that. I'm sure there's plenty of respectful young people who enjoy making fishing videos, though.

I know this topic is old. But yeah, most on there are real cringe. Clueless kooks doing it for likes etc. Some of the hands down worst advice I've EVER seen have been from the YT cringe kids. And I LOVE ND Yaks channel. I'm next door in Montana and STILL trying to figure out what river that is he fishes lol. You're not alone.