KStix

Do it essential plastisol

So I've just started making baits as a hobby and I'm using do it plastisol essential series. It's pretty good to me but for some reason the senkos I'm making are stiff & doesn't have very much action so was wondering if I should some buy some softner or something. Any suggestions?

once you get through the essential series you have move on to something better, the doit in my experience yellows much faster than many other plastics, and it was full of bubbles. there are several better plastics out there for less money than the ES plastic.

try a soft(er) blend for senkos, but until then softener should help, might take a bit of trial and error to get the softness you want.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 9:26 AM, Canga~ said:

once you get through the essential series you have move on to something better, the doit in my experience yellows much faster than many other plastics, and it was full of bubbles. there are several better plastics out there for less money than the ES plastic.

try a soft(er) blend for senkos, but until then softener should help, might take a bit of trial and error to get the softness you want.

Thank you! After I use up all of the do it plastisol I have, I will try something different because it seems that you have to pour almost immediately because it starts to solid up, even inside the injector. Almost like you gotta rush

Ive tried a number of different brands. Some good some not so good. I won't give my preference but one thing I have found. You get what you pay for. Unfortunately. shipping nowadays is almost as much as a gallon of plastisol. 

For soft wiggly senkos, I add softener even to the soft blend. And if you're using salt or glass beads. Even more softener is needed.

On another note I was looking for a hardener that won't affect the colors of my baits. The white stuff lightens the color too much. So I tried Do-It   Crystal clear. It wasn't Crystal Clear. It was just like the others. My search continues.

On 2/21/2023 at 2:51 PM, KStix said:

Thank you! After I use up all of the do it plastisol I have, I will try something different because it seems that you have to pour almost immediately because it starts to solid up, even inside the injector. Almost like you gotta rush

Preheating your injector should give you a little more time to shoot.

• Like 1

I use medium plastic 99% of the time but when i make tubes i add some hard to the medium. Usually shoot in 4 ounce batches so i do 2 ounces medium to two ounces hard & it makes great tubes. I'm thinking my baby shad style baits i may try a hard body & medium tail to see if i like the way they hold up. If not back to full medium.  Why not get some soft plastic & add medium or hard to it if they're to soft to suit you & you don't have to add hardner?

Edited by Les Young